Drives Show on Startup Screen, But Not in Disk Utility

2 posts in this topic

Want to try OSX on my new lil' Fujitsu UH900 mini laptop..

The good news is that my OSX USB Flash Drive is able to boot and run OSX SL installer...

The bad news is that when I run Disk Utility app from installer on flash drive, the internal SSD drive is not showing up on the list of drives to select from on left side of Disk Utility window....

An odd thing is that when the installer on the flash drive boots up, it boots to a screen where you select what startup disk to use. On that screen are icons for 4 hard drives, one labeled 'OSX Install (my flash drive...), plus 3 others, 2 of which have the label 'NTFS' under them. SO, at this point the SSD drive partition are recognized as being there!....

I'm assuming that the reason it doesn't see drive is either due to SSD being formatted as NTFS or if not, then it doesn't recognize the SATA Controller on the UH900....

So, one thing I've done is run linux from another flash drive and then did 'lspci' in terminal...

Interesting to see what UH900 has in it....one thing not shown in list displayed is a 'AHCI' or 'SATA' specific controller. There is an IDE Controller in list as well as 2 PCI controllers, and a SD Host controller, plus others....

Only other thought I've had is to do workaround if I can find a compatible external USB SATA Drive enclosure and connect it to my MacBook and install OSX on SSD drive that way and then reinstall SSD into UH900...according to what I've read, SSD has 2.5" SATA connector on it...

Anyone got any suggestions???

Thanks,

Mark

Bought a SATA to USB adapter today, pulled out my SSD from Fujitsu, connected it up to adapter and then MacBook. MacBook recognized SSD and so I installed OSX to the SSD after formatting it...

That's the good news...

The bad news so far is that while I can select the SSD to boot up from, it's not completing the boot process.....

:)