TeamViewer suddenly not working

Breathless

18 posts in this topic

Here is a strange one.

I have been using Teamviewer with no issues for months now with my hackintosh.

Suddenly, when I load it up (latest version), it gives me this message:

"Access to the TeamViewer server has been denied!"

The message goes away after I click on it, only to keep popping up. I am unable to sign into my account to see my remote systems.

I emailed TeamViewer support and this was their reply:

"Dear Sir,

Thank you for your message.

Is it possible that you have a inofficial Mac a so called hackintosh.

TeamViewer does only support official operating systems, therefore you are unable to use TeamViewer on unofficial macs.

If you got any further questions, please do not hesitate and contact us again."

How the heck did they know I have a hackintosh? How can they block based on that? My account is not locked, because I can reboot into Windows 7 and log right in with no problem.

Any info would be appreciated.

I don't have an smbios.plist in my Extra folder.

The only smbios.plists on can find on my system are contained within the "package" folder of the Chameleon downloads that I have in my downloads folder. I can navigate into them and see the smserial that you are referring to, but I doubt changing it would do anything.

Should I manually place the smbios.plist in my Extra folder? Can this screw anything up?

Thanks

• 1 month later...

Same thing on my Hackintosh. Tried changing the smbios and nothing, still denied access to Teamviewer Server. Running SL 10.6.3.

I did contact Teamviewer support, and yes, they confirmed it is a serial issue as they asked why mine wasn't legit :P

Also, they did say something about having multiple network cards (wireless/lan) installed can cause this issue, and removing one completely can sometimes resolve this.

I've tried both "solutions" with no success. I love Teamviewer and need to get it working on my Hackintosh. Any other thoughts?

I have got mine to work. I used Lizard app to change the serial number, rebooted, and it worked immediately. Maybe the method you used to change the serial didn't work? Try Lizard app.

I went back and forth with TeamViewer support and they told me they "don't support Hackintoshes" :) He hinted that it was the serial number and low and behold, he was right.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

what I would love is if we could find a way to change the serial number from "SOMESRLNMBR", which is the default generated by chameleon, to something else without messing with the SMBIOS.PLIST file. Since chameleon autodetects and fakes the information in the smbios.plist without one even existing, its kind of annoying to have to create one just for a serial number.

what I would love is if we could find a way to change the serial number from "SOMESRLNMBR", which is the default generated by chameleon, to something else without messing with the SMBIOS.PLIST file.

Lizard (mentioned several times in this topic already) should ease your pain.

Since chameleon autodetects and fakes the information in the smbios.plist without one even existing, its kind of annoying to have to create one just for a serial number.

Feel free to submit code that generates a proper 11-digit serial number.

Here: http://forum.voodooprojects.org/index.php/board,28.0.html

Try to write it so that it follows the guidelines from here:

http://prasys.info/2009/11/understanding-mac-serial-number/

this is off the subject, but what is a "hackintosh"?

It's a type of ice cream from USA, pretending to be Scandinavian, only to people from Scandinavia the name looks like something from Holland.

However; the immense pleasure derived from eating this particular brand of ice cream makes up for the retardedness of their fake brand name.

"Macadamia Nut Brittle" is the best flavor.

• Like 1

It's a type of ice cream from USA, pretending to be Scandinavian, only to people from Scandinavia the name looks like something from Holland.

However; the immense pleasure derived from eating this particular brand of ice cream makes up for the retardedness of their fake brand name.

"Macadamia Nut Brittle" is the best flavor.

:D