• Announcements

• Allan

Forum Rules   04/13/2018

Hello folks! As some things are being fixed, we'll keep you updated. Per hour the Forum Rules don't have a dedicated "Tab", so here is the place that we have our Rules back. New Users Lounge > [READ] - InsanelyMac Forum Rules - The InsanelyMac Staff Team. 
syncom

eeepc 1001ha Snow Leopard

31 posts in this topic

Hi,

I have a netbook asus model 1001ha. I want install snow leopard on my netbook and I'm looking for a guide.

Help me, please

Can you please pm me as well. I have the exact model, but came across 1000HA AND 1005HA Tut, but never found a suitable one for 1001HA

I have send you a PM ;-)

Well...

i will make a Guide for everyone and than can everyone install SL on the EeePC^^

but mightycrownG i had send you an PM ;-)

Good Luck^

Hey did you guys ever get the 1000HA working? Do I have to replace the Wireless card in the 1000HA? ''I can't find any recent information on this particular model.

Does anyone know if the Netbookinstaller installation will work for this? Appreciate if anyone has a link or info on how to hack the Asus 1000HA

All the info I can find is for 10.5 etc. Im looking for Snow Leopard 10.6.3.

Thanks!

Dion

Well...

i will make a Guide for everyone and than can everyone install SL on the EeePC^^

but mightycrownG i had send you an PM ;-)

Good Luck^

Hello,

The 1001ha seems to be a very popular netbook that people want to install osx on yet the only problem seems to be the wireless adapter. Is it possible to just pay someone to write a driver for this to make the whole thing work? Is is that simple? I am sure enough people would want to pool their money for access to something like this.

Thanks

dude. just order yourself a compatible card for WLAN. No one is bothered to develop a driver, it is time consuming.

This laptop is flawless with a compatible WLAN card.

hello all newbie here tried the search but no luck.

I want install snow leopard on my netbook Asus 1001ha and I'm looking for a guide.

Help me, please help :P

Seems wifi wont work for the 1001HA for a while, unless im missing something. Ah well.

wifi works. download the driver from there official site. its a utility that port your wifi card as a usb adapter wifi

mightycrownG, do you have a link please ?

Can someone make a guide to install OS X on our 1001HA please ? Or a link :censored2:

Thx.

As I posted in another topic on the same model, the Mechdrew guide for installing a vanilla retail copy of snow leopard works perfectly for the 1001ha. And it is entirely possible to get the standard wifi working without replacing it. Just use the wireless utility provided by Ralink themselves posted on the Macintosh section of there website.

As I said in the other topic, Snow Leopard runs well on this model, but you have to initialise the Ralink Wireless Utility every time you switch on. I have set it up so that this program is opened on logon and have saved a profile for my wireless network so that it starts up without me having to configure it each time. One note for this software, I have noticed that if you leave it running there are sometimes issues with it randomly disconnecting, i suggest that as soon as you see that a connection has been established you quit the program, which will leave the wifi card running nicely until you next turn off/on.

I hope very much that i have been of assistance, if anybody has any problems/queries post in one of these topics about the 1001HA or pm me and I'll be happy to help further.

Nico

Thx for your help :D

Which Mechdrew method did you use ? Have you installed OS X from USB or DVD ? (because if USB works, it would be great because I don't want to buy an external dvd drive...)

I used the Mechdrew guide that explains how to install Snow Leopard via USB. I just used a large fast SD card for the OS X.6 install disk and a small USB thumb drive for the bootloader.

Please bear in mind that I used the method that explains how to use Linux to get this running, worked perfectly for me but if you use a different guide ymmv. I can't see the other guides not working, going by the simplicity of the guide and the ease with which I managed the install.

Also, along with Ralinks' software to get the stock WiFi card working there is now a kext made for the 1005/1008HA that allows the 1001HAs' Ethernet port to work perfectly. This is actually due to the 1001HA being essentially the same hardware, to the point where if you disassemble your 100HA you will see that many of the internals are labelled with 1005HA instead of 1001HA.

Obviously this shows that there is a good chance that any guides/patches made for the 1005HA will likely work with the 1001HA.

Once again, I hope I have been of assistance to anybody wanting to OS Xify this brilliant little netbook,

Nico

As I posted in another topic on the same model, the Mechdrew guide for installing a vanilla retail copy of snow leopard works perfectly for the 1001ha. And it is entirely possible to get the standard wifi working without replacing it. Just use the wireless utility provided by Ralink themselves posted on the Macintosh section of there website.

As I said in the other topic, Snow Leopard runs well on this model, but you have to initialise the Ralink Wireless Utility every time you switch on. I have set it up so that this program is opened on logon and have saved a profile for my wireless network so that it starts up without me having to configure it each time. One note for this software, I have noticed that if you leave it running there are sometimes issues with it randomly disconnecting, i suggest that as soon as you see that a connection has been established you quit the program, which will leave the wifi card running nicely until you next turn off/on.

I hope very much that i have been of assistance, if anybody has any problems/queries post in one of these topics about the 1001HA or pm me and I'll be happy to help further.

Nico

Nico, I am so grateful to you for posting the link to mechdrew: I had never seen it before (not looking in the right places perhaps). The guide seems sane and as a result I have downloaded the necessary files. I've struggled and failed with various iDeneb versions, and the eeeboot thing, always there was an issue. Perhaps now I can have a hackintosh. I love OSX and am looking forward to getting SL on this netbook: Win7 isnt bad, but OSX is better :).

Ah yes, I did forget to mention that. Im not sure why it hangs like that, but it doesnt ever complete so i found that the best thing to do is restart by either doing a hard shutdown (holding down the power button until it turns off). Or restarting the laptop the Apple way if it lets you.This doesnt seem to pose any problems ;). I'm incredibly glad I have been of help.

Happy hackintoshing,

Nico

Ah yes, I did forget to mention that. Im not sure why it hangs like that, but it doesnt ever complete so i found that the best thing to do is restart by either doing a hard shutdown (holding down the power button until it turns off). Or restarting the laptop the Apple way if it lets you.This doesnt seem to pose any problems ^_^. I'm incredibly glad I have been of help.

Happy hackintoshing,

Nico

Ah, we at least I know its normal. I did the hard reset, but OSX wouldn't boot without the netbookCD in the drive... I wonder if there's something else to be done?

I decided to reinstall Ubuntu for the moment, and have another shot at it this weekend.

My iMac is away for repairs and I didn't realise just how dependent I have become on OSX. I've been trying to make do with Ubuntu, then Win7, and now Ubuntu again.... but in truth, I just want OSX. So I'm on a serious mission to get this working effectively.

I guess this is going to be an ongoing saga. Tonight, trying again with exactly the same hardware and software, the netbookcd decided that it was going to throw memory allocation errors, and boot into the actual blue chameleon screen instead of the grey one. Still trying, eventually got to install SL, but then when we restarted with the netbook cd, it couldn't see the osx HD. About to try again. Sighhh. I am convinced this is the right path, but gawd it's fussy!!!

[edit] Well, eventually got the grey background screen on very try since the above but memory allocation errors prevent any install. I'm stumped.