Graphics Problem? Preview Blank

pederb

6 posts in this topic

Hello,

I seeam to have somekind of graphics problems, I have a nVidia 9800GT that is correctly id by the system but Aperture 3.0 will not start and say that the graphics card does not meet the minimum requirements, I think the 9800GT should be more then sufficient to run Aperture 3.0.

One other wierd problem is if I click on a image, preview opens but is just blank?

Any ideas?

Cheers

Hello,

I seeam to have somekind of graphics problems, I have a nVidia 9800GT that is correctly id by the system but Aperture 3.0 will not start and say that the graphics card does not meet the minimum requirements, I think the 9800GT should be more then sufficient to run Aperture 3.0.

One other wierd problem is if I click on a image, preview opens but is just blank?

Any ideas?

Cheers

I have the same problem with Preview and iPhoto.. Image opens, but does not display. I have a Dell Latitude D420 with Intel GMA945.. Was working perfectly before 10.6.3...

• 3 weeks later...
Check Post #2 - He's given you the solution.

If QE/CI is not working on your card, you will get blank images in Preview, IWeb, iPhoto, etc...

rgds

pderb

1st option for your system below

Go to this web site below. It has great info for your system and for getting SL to recognize your video card properly.

http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2010/01/adv...a-graphics.html

2nd option below if option #1 fails

If you dont have QE/CI working for your card then try downloading "osx86 tools" and select add EFI Strings/Boot Flags. then, go under the "GFX" tab and select your card from the drop down list. Then add the string to your com.apple.boot.plist

For this to work you should get rid of any injector or strings already added to your extentions folder and com.apple.boot.plist that you were using before.