Welcome to InsanelyMac Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Snow Leopard Retail Guide

3 posts in this topic

The guide linked on the MyMacNetbook chart for the MSi Wind is completely out dated and installs Leopard rather than Snow Leopard. Haven't looked for a SL guide in the Insanelymac forums because the best guide is a re-write of a guide that use to exist on the old msiwind.net forums before the forums went down. The new guide is on the insanelywind forums and is located below:

There are other guides for other methods of getting SL on the Wind, but this is the easy and straight forward Retail guide. My suggestion over any other methods.

That is the old guide. We have just come out with new ones.

Manual Method For Retail (Recommended as you learn how it all works.)

Manual Method

Automatic Method for Retail (Uses packages to do all the work)

Automated Method

SnowyWind OS X - A cut down distro of Snow Leopard everything works out of the box straight from install and can be used on MBR with out EFI)

SnowyWind OS X

Also for some reason I can't post my own topic so I don't know if maybe one of the admins wants the split this topic...Thanks Guys :P

You hafta have 5 posts to make a new topic. It befuddled me for a while as well. Just start contributing in some of the other forums to get started.