Monitor calibration and lack of control

imacken

5 posts in this topic

I noticed recently that viewing photos within Snow showed they were way off being calibrated. So, I used my Gretag Macbeth Eye One Display to calibrate the monitor. That was OK, but I have 2 issues:

1) whenever I put Snow to sleep, on wake up, it obviously loads the monitor LUT again, giving a horrible ghostly appearance. Then, obviously, I have to reboot which makes the whole sleep thing pointless.

2) I have noticed that I have no control over display adjustments. For example, in games, any brightness/gamma sliders have no effect. This can also be seen in Settings/Display/Calibration within Snow. None of the controls there have any effect on what is displayed.

I'm using GraphicEnabler in Chameleon, but it was the same when I used the EFI string for my GFX285. QE/CI working fine.

Any ideas on this?

• 3 months later...

I haven't tried in Parallels 5 - since I don't have it - but I know that gamma/brightness settings work fine in Steam games and native Mac games. My set up is almost exactly like yours, provided your sig is still up to date. I just have an eVGA board instead of an Asus one, and a GTX 280 instead of a GTX 285. Are you still having the problem?