Apple Store Group Interview/Seminar Information

4 posts in this topic

Well it was a few days ago when I first went to a local apple store (cant say which) to have a group interview (they call it a seminar).

Anyway got there outside the store they made us fill a few of our details number name address etc then sign a disclosure form saying that we would not tell anyone what happened while we was there... (haha)

Anyway after that the doors opened and the apple staff surrounded the enterance and started whooping and clapping while VERY loud happy music was played. (I was creeped out)

Anyway after a brief video. They asked us to talk to the person next to us and find out infomation from them 1.Why they want to work for apple 2.Something Interesting about them 3.What they are doing with their life at the moment. Then each person presented the other persons infomation to the group. (This seems the way with group interviews I was at another one the other day (not in apple) and they did a simular thing)

Anyway after that we watched some more videos on how the stores doing got asked some general questions about customer service and why their retail stores are doing so good. Watched more videos on each job role. Then came the role play, people were put into groups of 3/4 with one person being a apple empolyee. Each group was given a problem/question a customer may ask/have then had 5 mins to discuss this. Questions ranging from my ipod is broken to I have never used a computer how could i use a mac.

After a discussion and planning in our little group we presented the role play to the managers.

After this was a another brief group discussion then came a question for each person to answer indivually. Which you had to answer "I would be great for apple because...." Each person had to answer this to the group straight away.

After this we had time to ask any questions.

And that was it for that part.

The next morning i got a call asking me to goto a smaller group interview. To which if i was sucessful i would either get a job or get a one-on-one interview then a job after that, or not.

TIPS:

1. I noticed alot of people (pretty much everyone) bums apple and all they said was like OMG I LUBZ APPLE GIMMIE JOB your products are the bestiest were is steve jobs il give him a BJ. (not litterly but not far off) Id recommend if asked saying you like the products and use em but dont act like each product is blessed from god. As they might think all you wana do is just stay in the store and {censored} around on systems.

2.Be different most people at the interview looked like unhealthy vegans (mac users)

• 2 months later...