Safari 4.0.4 and Leopard 10.5.1

arnold38

3 posts in this topic

OK here is the deal. I am stuck on Zeph's Leopard for AMD 10.5.1. because of my old hardware. I wanted to install latest safari to use the iTunes Store so I did it with Pacifist. I guess the new version has somewhere a cpuid so I used Marvin's AMD utility to find it but no luck. Tried Applic. folder, System folder and even whole hard drive.... Anyone got idea how should I patch it to make it work. I can use other browsers but I really like Safari and I am used to it.

OK here is the deal. I am stuck on Zeph's Leopard for AMD 10.5.1. because of my old hardware. I wanted to install latest safari to use the iTunes Store so I did it with Pacifist. I guess the new version has somewhere a cpuid so I used Marvin's AMD utility to find it but no luck. Tried Applic. folder, System folder and even whole hard drive.... Anyone got idea how should I patch it to make it work. I can use other browsers but I really like Safari and I am used to it.

You do realize Safari 4+ is only available for 10.5.8 and above

You will not have any success on your current version of Leopard you need to upgrade to the latest 10.5.8 or go with Snow

I know, I know, but Nothing newer works on my old machine...

Only distro I could make work was Zeph's 10.5.1

However when I installed safari 4 with pacifist iTunes store worked like a charm, though Safari itself didn't start. That is why I thought there IS some way to make it work. I tried patching the package with AMD Patcher but seems cpuid is not the problem here.