GMA950 + Geforce 7600GT problem

plunder

13 posts in this topic

Well, i finally got 10.4.6 working on my kit using my nv7600gt, however, when i try to disable my pci-e graphics card and use the built-in gma 950 all i get is a calming blue screen that just sits there and sits there.....argh.

I'm a bit miffed at this because i was hoping to use the gma for OS X and the nvidia for windows but sadly i can't figure it out. ^_^

I was hoping someone could help solve this for me.

I have a Geforce 6600 + GMA950 and had to remove the Geforce card from the PCIe slot in order to use the GMA950 in OSx86 otherwise I saw the same blue screen as you see. Others have had this problem also and this is the only way we found to fix this problem. It would be nice to use 2 video cards as you suggest but no one has figured out how to get dual video cards working yet w/ OSx86. Hopefully np_ will get QE/CI working on our Nvidia cards soon and then we can just use the Nvidia for both OSx86 and Windows.

That's not true if you have an intel D945 motherboard.

You have to flash your motherboard with your latest BIOS and then you can use your integrated GMA950. That's how my hackintosh is working right now.

I have a Geforce 7900 GT CO plugged but I'm using GMA950 instead.

• 3 weeks later...
That's not true if you have an intel D945 motherboard.

You have to flash your motherboard with your latest BIOS and then you can use your integrated GMA950. That's how my hackintosh is working right now.

I have a Geforce 7900 GT CO plugged but I'm using GMA950 instead.

I have an Intel Mobo D945GTPL with GMA950, i dont have any pci-e video card, i updated the bios with the latest bios, but i have the same blue screen, i only can enter osx in safe mode. what i can do? thanks.

system profiler says:

GMA 950:

Chipset Model: GMA 950

Type: VGA-Compatible Controller

Bus: Built-In

VRAM (Total): 256 MB

Vendor: Intel (0x8086)

Device ID: 0x2772

Revision ID: 0x0002

Displays:

Display:

AL1706:

Resolution: 1024 x 768 @ 75 Hz

Depth: 32-bit Color

Core Image: Not Supported

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Quartz Extreme: Not Supported

everchikenajaxe.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Argh, same probleme here with a Quadro FX540 PCIE and the GMA 950, I have the P5LD2-VM too... :censored2:

I do have the same problem with Geforce 7950GT and 945G on P5LD2-VM SE

Stuck at blue screen with gma950, but no pb with the geforce, although it's not accelerated :pirate2:

Do you manage in safe mode ? If it's okay in safe mode, we should perharps delete the vesa kext

i think the kernel is confused with the two video card ?

Does anyone have a solution ? I bought this board ti play under XP but other things in mac :pirate2:

I had been running OSX very nicely on an Asus P5LD2-VM with the built-in GMA950 GPU, and then decided to put in a 7300GT for better performance in Windows Vista RC2 and that's when I got the blue screen also (although enabling in bios the PCIe over the onboard video I could boot into OSX fine but without 3D acceleration). The question I have for the ones who are having the same problem is this something you noticed after a clean install (with the PCIe card present but only onboard video enabled in bios) or only after adding the PCIe card? I'm just wondering if doing a complete reinstall would fix the problem. THANKS.

gee wizz, just install the GMA support pkg's form JaS's DVD

Hey Kiko, thanks, but I'm not sure if you're understanding the problem here. The OSX install already HAS the GMA support package and was running fine with the onboard GMA950 graphics. For some reason when I boot with only the onboard graphics enabled in bios the kernel is still seeing the PCIe 7300GT NVidia board, and that's where the problem starts (or rather ends, if you want to look at it that way, since it's a blue screen). The PCIe board was installed after the fact.