mosslack

Asus 1201N Installation and support

2,573 posts in this topic

Advertisement

Hi *

If anybody is interested in build-in Ethernet LAN support with full suspend/resume functionality (without need for kext reload) - I compile AtherosL1cEthernet.kext allowing this.

Attached 32-bit version I'm using with 10.6.7 with full sucess (except MTU=750 for stable operation for bigh network transfers).

BTW: Is anybody able to use speed steep on 1201N ?

If so pls hint me how to achive that.

My 1201N is fully functional (all pheripherials, bat.indicator, sleep, etc) but only CPU/GPU freq scaling + CPU VID are not working.

If it will be helpful:

-I'm on 32bit with stock 10.6.7 kernel

-bootloader is from Guide from first post form this thread

-I'm using NullCPUpowerManagement.kext (as witout it I have KP)

-DSDT attached

br

AtherosL1cEthernet.kext.zip

dsdt.zip

Hi *

If anybody is interested in build-in Ethernet LAN support with full suspend/resume functionality (without need for kext reload) - I compile AtherosL1cEthernet.kext allowing this.

Attached 32-bit version I'm using with 10.6.7 with full sucess (except MTU=750 for stable operation for bigh network transfers).

BTW: Is anybody able to use speed steep on 1201N ?

If so pls hint me how to achive that.

My 1201N is fully functional (all pheripherials, bat.indicator, sleep, etc) but only CPU/GPU freq scaling + CPU VID are not working.

If it will be helpful:

-I'm on 32bit with stock 10.6.7 kernel

-bootloader is from Guide from first post form this thread

-I'm using NullCPUpowerManagement.kext (as witout it I have KP)

-DSDT attached

br

Hi can you upload please the NullCPUpowerManagement kext? I have still sleep/bios reset/shutdown problem.

Thanks

I followed the EEEPC 1201n installation guide but cant boot...

So i pulled up google and found this

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/lofiversi...hp/t198446.html

A user here was having the same problems and after reading plus downloading different versions of Netbookmaker

and using arch=i386 i still got

" unable to patch 64 bit kernel "

Can anyone point out why i could be getting this or a link to netbookmaker that wont give me this error.

Please and Thankyou

I also noticed that the post i was reading from the link above was from 2009 =/

Hello guys! I have a standard 1201NL (with 1 gb ram), but i have 2 problems. I hope someone can give me a little help. I've followed all the mosslack guide and installed the 10.6.4. Almost all works exept for 2 things the sleep and the battery icon. If i click on sleep screen goes dark but the NL stay alive and never shutdown. Also if i touch keyboard or mouse nothing happend. Have u ever got the same problem? How can i fix it?

I've tried to change the dsdt with no luck. I've reinstalled some kext but always the same problem... does anyone know how to fix these 2 problems?

Thank you

I followed the EEEPC 1201n installation guide but cant boot...

Have you followed the guide exactly and used the linked files from the guide, not newer files from other sources?

Do you have the correct install disc wich is 1.6.0 and not the newer 1.6.3 version?

Hi all, there is a security update, the MacUpdate, it is safe to install

I have osx 10.6.7 with 2mb 1201N. all ok. waiting for dell 1510

And another question comes out of sleep mode when it freezes and the hotkeys do not work there any solution for this, since I have been following the thread in the end you put a new kexts should I replace VMonHeros which states in its fantastic and wonderful guide.

Thank you all, you have made me a happy man for having done that I have mac osx on my computer, I was pissed because my son in his 1001HA if it had and I did not;-)

I am very happy

Anybody 10.6.8 ?

I've tried on usb disk. It did not boot after install & reboot :worried_anim: : kernel patcher is KO for this kernel.

Hey guys, 1st post so hiiii!

spent the last 3 days working on this and am a little stuck now!

I am duel booting with windows 7 and have set my partitions up and have win 7 on there so thats all good

followed the guide exactly and all worked pretty well, odd few things that diddnt eg sound

For those currently at 10.6.4, here is the update procedure for 10.6.6:

(This section of the guide was written by VMonHeros from the Insanely Mac 1201N support thread.)

Download files here.

So, we will take into account that you are in 10.6.4 with Mosslack guide.

PLEASE, for all the files, unzip them when needed .

1) Install Chameleon 2.0 rc5 656 - PLEASE DO NOT REBOOT/LOG OFF (we do that to have the last Boot0 and Boot1 files installed via this package). Download it here http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...t&p=1543024 and download the version construct with packagemaker (so the "package version").

2) Copy My Extra folder at the root of your disk (and replace yours). This one contains the needed files (and also the /modules directory of the Meklort Chameleon RC5 r671)

3) Open a terminal

a) cd ..

b ) cd ..

c) ls (to check that you are at the root of your disk)

d) sudo -s (and type your password)

e) rm boot (you delete the Chameleon boot file)

f) copy the boot file I provide here (it is the boot file of Meklort Chameleon RC5 r671)

4) Rebuild all your kext cache with Kext Utility

5) Reboot

1st attempt gave a boot 1 error, second just sat on the grey screen and the 3rd which I downloaded the combo update instead of going through the software update KP'd....

getting bored of formatting then re installing everything, im pretty sure im following the instructions spot on so why cant I update to 10.6.6? the combo update to 6.4 works fine so I've skipped the to 6.3 and .6.4 and so gone straight to .6.4 to .6.6 as the instructions said.....

little bit of help please

Thankssss

Hey guys, 1st post so hiiii!

spent the last 3 days working on this and am a little stuck now!

I am duel booting with windows 7 and have set my partitions up and have win 7 on there so thats all good

followed the guide exactly and all worked pretty well, odd few things that diddnt eg sound

1st attempt gave a boot 1 error, second just sat on the grey screen and the 3rd which I downloaded the combo update instead of going through the software update KP'd....

getting bored of formatting then re installing everything, im pretty sure im following the instructions spot on so why cant I update to 10.6.6? the combo update to 6.4 works fine so I've skipped the to 6.3 and .6.4 and so gone straight to .6.4 to .6.6 as the instructions said.....

little bit of help please

Thankssss

It can be linked to SleepEnabler.kext if you use it : it needs a boot parameter depending on the kernel version. (I can't say more as I didn't use it : a DSDT hack exists thats always works...)

It can be linked to SleepEnabler.kext if you use it : it needs a boot parameter depending on the kernel version. (I can't say more as I didn't use it : a DSDT hack exists thats always works...)

I've read you have to remove it to update it to 10.6.3 and .4 but it doesnt say anything about going upto .6....

so should I delete it and then follow the steps to update or just delete and update without chameleon?

Cheers

Or would updating straight to .6.6 instead of .6.4 like the instructions say in the 1st section of steps before the updates?

Anybody 10.6.8 ?

We are still waiting for Tea teams binary patched kernel for 10.6.8. However, there is a good news for people waiting to upgrade to 10.6.8.

Nawcom has released a 10.6.8 patched kernel for legacy Intel Atom processor.

Go through his blog for details

http://blog.nawcom.com/?p=791

Here are the instructions on how to upgrade :

Assumption : You are running MacOSX 10.6.7 and you have taken a backup of your system incase something goes wrong

http://prasys.info/2011/06/howto-macos-x-1...nd-intel-atoms/

Update: (Jul 5 2011, 04:51 PM)

Teas binary patched kernel for 10.6.8 is out. It can be downloaded from

http://www.mediafire.com/file/0rb9f8an9bgl...atom_10.8.0.zip

Go through his post for details.

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...t&p=1708933

ive successfully updated to 10.6.8 using nawcon's legacy-kernel but after update my camera is no longer working could any1 help me with it ?

P.S.

nawcon claims this kernel is also working in 64bit but its not :/

ive go throught mosslac guide then vmonheroes

P.S. 2

if u want to update to 10.6.8 remember to add to /E/E EvilAppleACPIPlatform.kext and EvilIOPCIFamily.kext or you will have a kp "pci configuration"

Update

Camera is now working. If u follow vmonheroes guide u'av to delete from /E/E file iAnySightCamera.kext

Run kext utility then reboot

ive successfully updated to 10.6.8 using nawcon's legacy-kernel but after update my camera is no longer working could any1 help me with it ?

P.S.

nawcon claims this kernel is also working in 64bit but its not :/

ive go throught mosslac guide then vmonheroes

P.S. 2

if u want to update to 10.6.8 remember to add to /E/E EvilAppleACPIPlatform.kext and EvilIOPCIFamily.kext or will have a kp pci configuration

Thanks for this, I may not have applied it to my 1201N yet, but it was just what I was looking for on my MSI system which has not been updated to 10.6.8.

Today teateam released a new atom_kernel 10.8.0. Works great on 32bit.

How to run in 64bit ???

ive tried

<key>Kernel Flag</key>
<string>arch=x86_64</string>

but without success :/

maybe chameleon is a problem ? ive chameleon r656???

Update

64bit is working :P

Im using chameleon r914 + tea's mach kernel

problem is there is no battery indicator :/

my keyboard and trackpad are not working

everything else is working

mach_kernel_atom_10.8.0.zip

Hi Everyone,

I've recently got the 1201n fro a great deal of £145 with shipping and its perfect but i'm having immense trouble getting OS X onto it. My 1005HA recently died and i never got the chance to install nebookbootinstaller onto my 8gb Sandisk Cruizer. I've tried installing it using my 10.5 vmware image on the 1201n (as 10.5 doesn't need VT) but for some reason it was unsuccessful. and the performance was SERIOUSLY SLOW.

My question is would it be possible to make a seccond bootable usb for the 1201n (like the P6T SE guide here at insanelymac) and if at all possible would someone please be kind enough to guide me on how to do so as i cant seem to find any relevant information.

P.S I've tried to use [url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url] with an external ODD but was unsuccessful.

Many thanks People :huh:

Hi Everyone,

I've recently got the 1201n fro a great deal of £145 with shipping and its perfect but i'm having immense trouble getting OS X onto it. My 1005HA recently died and i never got the chance to install nebookbootinstaller onto my 8gb Sandisk Cruizer. I've tried installing it using my 10.5 vmware image on the 1201n (as 10.5 doesn't need VT) but for some reason it was unsuccessful. and the performance was SERIOUSLY SLOW.

My question is would it be possible to make a seccond bootable usb for the 1201n (like the P6T SE guide here at insanelymac) and if at all possible would someone please be kind enough to guide me on how to do so as i cant seem to find any relevant information.

P.S I've tried to use [url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url] with an external ODD but was unsuccessful.

Many thanks People :angel:

There are no drivers in 10.5.0 for nvidia 9400M chipset. 10.5.6 should works : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Macbook#Model_specifications

My 1202nl is capricious and snow will not install. Yestrday with google i find this:

Apple Rtl8169 Ethernet.Kext Work Rtl8191se

Fake?

My 1202nl is capricious and snow will not install. Yestrday with google i find this:

Apple Rtl8169 Ethernet.Kext Work Rtl8191se

Fake?

Yes, or better: I think, yes.

There's no kext for 8191SE, I use for example an RTL Nano USB Wlan stick, only 5mm, tiny little thing.

Or you can change the Hardware for a Dell 1510 Mini PCI Wlan, and then your Wlan accepted as an Airport.

BR

BTW I have an 1201NL also, everything work with it, sleep, Battery icon, but not forget, you need another Netbookmaker to prepair your snow leo stick, a normal 1201N Netbookmaker is not good, always got Kernel Panic.

Use the right one, Netbookmaker for 1201NL and eg will be ok.