mosslack

Asus 1201N Installation and support

2,573 posts in this topic

Hİ,

sory bad english..

1201n installed Mac OS X 10.6.0..

but I could not find the drivers. could you help.

1201n Mac OS X 10.6.0 retail

Advertisement
Good news, I've got a working agpm ;)

I've merged the entries specifics found in the legacy kext in the stock kext (from 10.6.5). It was not working well with MB61 profile : only state 0 and 1, but with MBA21 it works : 3 in idle, 0 with openCL tests, and 2 or 1 with an HD movie in QTX.

Next step would be to make an injector from that.

Here is my modified plist, I've put a copy of the whole kext in EE Info.plist.zip

Autonomy seems better, at least 10min but it's hard to bench it.

Hi Toine, could you post the whole kext ?

I tried using your info plist with the LegacyAGPM Kext posted by gogetta, but I get a validation error (that I don't get with gogetta's stock info.plist, problem is that with the stock info.plist the kext doesn't load)

also, I thiunk your smbios.plist could help (or wherever you define your 1201N to be a Macbook Air instead of a macbook pro)

Thanks

Hello everyone,

I wanted to ask a question after doing a search...

I installed Mac OS on my 1201n earlier this year by following the front post instructions. Stock 1201n with just the wifi card replaced. However, I stopped using the Mac OS because 1. the click to tap was too sensitive (when I move the mouse cursor and lift off my finger from the trackpad, it would register as a click) and 2. every now and then it would take minutes to go to sleep mode.

I would've been okay with one of them, but two of them combined was too inconvenient for me.

Has there been fixes for these issues?

Thanks.

Hi,

Where did you guys bought the famous Dell 1510 Wireless card ? pretty difficult to find in france...

Just to check, we're talking about "DELL 1510 Wireless WiFi N 802.11n Mini Half Height Card" right ?

Hi,

Where did you guys bought the famous Dell 1510 Wireless card ? pretty difficult to find in france...

Just to check, we're talking about "DELL 1510 Wireless WiFi N 802.11n Mini Half Height Card" right ?

OK found it on eBay "DELL Wireless DW1510 802.11n Mini Card Airport MAC OS"

Ok, so I went the Spark route for getting my volume keys working, but has anyone had any luck in getting Spark to play the volume feedback click? The on screen indicator works, but I don't get the audio indicator. I went into Spark and selected that it play the noise, but after I close Spark and go back in, all those selections are deselected.

Anyone get this to work?

I also uninstalled the hotkeys kext.

Thanks

try www.dell.com :)

Hi,

Hi,

my battery indicator does not work..

Not Charging always writes..

Do you have information which

sryy bad english....

mac os 10.6.4

Hi,

my battery indicator does not work..

Not Charging always writes..

Do you have information which

sryy bad english....

mac os 10.6.4

my friend follow this guide. this was done after you installed mr. mosslack way.

here is the link.

link: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...00#entry1564738

this is from mr. tiguy82 guides.

it works for me :D thanks to all. sure it works for you too. :rolleyes:

I just want to thank you for the guide it was super helpful. I set up my 1201n however after i put in the the audio kext (ioaudiofamily and applehda) then restarted my audio still didn't work. I also deleted the VoodoHDA panel. I am probably going to just go ahead and get a usb adapter for the audio only because i heard audio even after the kexts are installed is a little choppy. I have one more question though. When i play mp4 video on quicktime they do not play. Do i need a video kext to make it work. Ultimately i want to be able to run final cut on it, crazy i know but it shouldn't be a problem. However if video can't play on the laptop then fcp is usesless. Again thanks again for all the info you guys are great.

After one week of trial and error i did it.

I am now the VERY proud owner of an Asus 1201N Hackintosh running 10.6.4 SL

how I did it:

-iatkos v7 desktop hackintosh (10.5.7) from witch i prepared the USB Drive (Kingston data traveler 16 GB)

-the stick was recovered using a 10A432 .dmg google helped me find

-upadated the BIOS, set everything to default

-FOR ME NetbookBootMaker DID NOT WORK , tried it one week with various SL .dmg's , instead i tried netbook installer and it finnaly worked.

-used the wonderfull '1201N install files' found in this tutorial.

THANKS A LOT!!!

Hi,

on the installation via USB and netinstaller i got 10 minutes before end the fault that de startvolume cant be set.

Then i reboot the pc and boot from HDD and i see only a "_" and nothing goes on.

I have one Patition formated as journaled and GUID.

Can someone help me ?

Thanks alot.

hi

Mac OS X 10.6.4 I have the shutdown problem.

and the problem cannot figure it out.

1201 driver package is installed.

still does not turn off Mac OS x.

Please help me. Thank you.

Hi 1201 gurus!

I bought an BT-mouse, installed it, everything looked fine and worked properly. I left the BT active. After 1 or 2 weeks the mouse connection was poor and I opened the config. There I saw tons of registered MAC-adresses which I can only remove 1 by 1 !!!

Any idea where to delete that registered BT-devices by script and how to avoid this behavior ?

Bye Mondi

Hi 1201 gurus!

I bought an BT-mouse, installed it, everything looked fine and worked properly. I left the BT active. After 1 or 2 weeks the mouse connection was poor and I opened the config. There I saw tons of registered MAC-adresses which I can only remove 1 by 1 !!!

Any idea where to delete that registered BT-devices by script and how to avoid this behavior ?

Bye Mondi

1) remove the bt on/off kext

2) reboot

3) clean the file /Library/Preferences/com.apple.Bluetooth.plist

4) reboot

1) remove the bt on/off kext

2) reboot

3) clean the file /Library/Preferences/com.apple.Bluetooth.plist

4) reboot

Hi toine44,

I found several kexts:

* /S/L/E/IOBluetoothFamiliy,

* /S/L/E/IOBluetoothSerialManager,

* /S/L/E/BroadcomUSBBluetoothHCIController

* /E/E/BroadcomUSB270Injector

..... so where to remove the on/off kext - (toggle) or should I only disable BT via Taskbar.

At /L/P/com.apple.Bluetooth.plist: There were some corresponding Files with random extensions which I deleted (no content).

In the named file I recognized 2 Segments with MAC-adresses - can I delete all MAC-entries of both segments without any problem?

Greets Mondi

Hi i got 3 problems.

Sound doesn't work and if i install the AppleHDA.kext i cant boot any more kernel panic.

Restart doesn't work and if i install EVOReboot.kext i cant boot any more kernel panic.

3rd Problem. is on boot i see that x64 Patch doesnt work.

Can someone help me ?

Hi 1201 gurus!

Bye Mondi

sudo mv /var/root/library/preferences/blued.plist /var/root/library/preferences/blued.plist.old

sudo mv /library/preferences/com.apple.bluetooth.plist /library/preferences/com.apple.bluetooth.plist.old

reboot

Hello everybody,

i'm looking for dsdt.aml file in order to work with 4 Gb of ram. My pc works with the same dsdt.aml (extra 10.6.5) but his behaviour is very wired (problem with trackpad and keyboard and acpi shutdown, charing bar...).

'

Is there someone who can give me a the good dsdt.aml file which works with 10.6.5 and 4 gb of ram ?

Thanks a lot.

sudo mv /var/root/library/preferences/blued.plist /var/root/library/preferences/blued.plist.old

sudo mv /library/preferences/com.apple.bluetooth.plist /library/preferences/com.apple.bluetooth.plist.old

reboot

That's fine, it worked; I think the registration of other BT-devices stopped now as well... we'll see.

I don't know what I do and why, that's my prob :P

mille grazie Mondi