mosslack

Asus 1201N Installation and support

2,573 posts in this topic

Did you deleted your previous Extra files and put mine and run Kext?

When I put to sleep I have the power button blinking and the "lamp" led blinking too

I won't start a new topic. I think I put all I could in this post and I think most of the work was done.

Hi All,

Using pmVersion=21 and this Sleepenabler.kext brings back the sleep; Working here, also with 4BGiG.

Regards

Advertisement

I'm gonna try this sleepenabler.kext but I was so fond of vanilla sleep from a DSDT hack.

@TiGuy82

I am using your kexts and dsdts you had in your post, to clarify the status lights don't turn off and the power button doesn't blink but Mac OS X thinks it sleeps.

EDIT:

SleepEnabler.kext fixed this, will report stability.

I now have 4GB ram, I swapped the DSDT over and everything seems to work fine. But I only seem to have 3.25gb ram available for use by the OS? So i guess this is where I need to mess around with 64bit kernels...? I have no idea, please give us a hand! :)

Mac OS X 10.6.5

New dsdt.aml and sound for 1201N:

Remove Sleepenabler.kext, NullCPUPowerManagement.kext, voodooHDA.kext

Remove GraphicsEnabler=Yes

Install /Extra/

dsdt2gMemory.aml.zip

dsdt3gMemory.aml.zip

dsdt4gMemory.aml.zip

Install /S/L/E/

Sound

ALC269_1201N.zip

Native Wlan Atheros AR9285 Wireless (AR5B95)

LegacyWlanAtheros9285.kext.zip

Well done, TiGuy82 :)

I admire your work ! Mosslack's too :) And all the team working on this topic !

When I see someone like you guys doing such a great work it makes me feel like there's a future for us - the testers and developers :)

Good Luck !!!

Well done, TiGuy82 ;)

I admire your work ! Mosslack's too :censored2: And all the team working on this topic !

When I see someone like you guys doing such a great work it makes me feel like there's a future for us - the testers and developers :censored2:

Good Luck !!!

We will gonna miss Mr. Mosslack here. Thank you Sir Mosslack you are the best.

Good luck!!!

You just need to remove the -v on the com.apple.Boot.plist, save the file and replace it again.

For example, on the 64 bits zip file.

Before:

<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>arch=x86_64 -v</string>

After:

<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>arch=x86_64</string>

There you go! :(

Normally I would have so many questions, about why and what for, but in this case I just follow the answers..

Not a problem, in fact I would have preferred to have mine work using your method, but with 4 Gb it just doesn't work. I was hoping maybe you could start a new thread and continue on.

As far as being the master, that is not true, people like you were the innovators and I just put it all together in a neat little package. Alas I just don't have time for it anymore. :(

Mosslack, I thank you for all the hours you put into this piece of the forum, always giving the answers in a patience and understanding way. In fact, your guide made me buy the 1201N to put osX on it. I understand your lack of time to support the all of us, but I really appreciate your effort to make a usable guide for guys like me, who don't have the technical knowledge of programming. I hope your extra free time will give you what you expected!

There you go! ;)

Normally I would have so many questions, about why and what for, but in this case I just follow the answers..

The -v enables the verbose mode :)

I can confirm that the sound is working :) I didn't change anything after the installation, everything is set by default.

I tested on Audacity 1.3.12 (Beta): http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

Which Kext will you remove? Tell me so I can delete on mine too.

Concerning the bios... because I saw the 1201N-ASUS-0321.ROM.zip file on the mediafire folder :)

Now mosslack has gone :( But TiGuy82 is working further on the 1201N experience !!!

I started from scratch from your guide and now everything's working. Also the internal mic :) !

I stay at 32 bit kernel now and also have an 2GB 10.6.5 station :unsure:

Thanx & best regards

Mondi

Now mosslack has gone :( But TiGuy82 is working further on the 1201N experience !!!

I started from scratch from your guide and now everything's working. Also the internal mic :) !

I stay at 32 bit kernel now and also have an 2GB 10.6.5 station :unsure:

Thanx & best regards

Mondi

That's great! I would like to have 4GB of memory so I could start testing other files to help everyone.

I know that my tutorial only happened because mosslack's great tutorial made my 1201n a Mac :)

Did you install the battery's patch?

Hi all, just a few questions... the GraficsEnabler and USBLegacyOFF should always be YES ?,

And, it's normal if the trackpad losses the 2 and 3 finger capability after a reboot (reset)...?

Thanks!

Please help! I did something stupid. I move the sleepenabler to the /extra/extensions folder and click authnticate or modified. Now I get that restart error. Anyway to fix it, I don't want to re-install.

Hello TiGuy82!

I need oncemore your help!

I've installed the Chameleon 2 R5 and switched to 64bit mode. After that I've made a restart and now the system hangs.

I've attached the problem as a short video.

PLease do you know a method to fix this start up problem?

Best regards

Cafar

IMG_0015.MOV

The screen gets black? Did you install the Chameleon I posted? And put all the files from 64bits? Are you using Dual Boot? If Yes, Did you try single boot (Only MacOS)?

Yes it was your sended chamelon version. But, what can I do now? The system abbords and nothing happens. I can only do a resart. What can I do now. Is there a possibility to interrupt the but or a "safety boot" mode?

Unfortunately, all option are ended with negativ result.

Seems like I have to reinstall the system. Am I right?

I think is the best solution. I also had to install several times Mac OS to have everything working properly :D

This happened to me as soon as i saw the 10.6.5 sleepenabler kext and tried it, and i did a little freaking out.

What worked for me was i swapped the hard drive (it was not possible to boot from a usb source) with one that had a working install on it, plugged in the 10.6.5 drive externally through usb, dug into the extension folder and removed the offending sleepenabler kext. Replaced original drive and all was fine.

Working with this machine i have always had a spare drive with a good install lying around. Some folk have an install on an SD card for this kind of emergency work, but i am not sure that would have worked since nothing USB related was booting in this emergency.

This happened to me as soon as i saw the 10.6.5 sleepenabler kext and tried it, and i did a little freaking out.

What worked for me was i swapped the hard drive (it was not possible to boot from a usb source) with one that had a working install on it, plugged in the 10.6.5 drive externally through usb, dug into the extension folder and removed the offending sleepenabler kext. Replaced original drive and all was fine.

Working with this machine i have always had a spare drive with a good install lying around. Some folk have an install on an SD card for this kind of emergency work, but i am not sure that would have worked since nothing USB related was booting in this emergency.

Hi ucjuicy,

for emergency cases, for booting from USB HDD you have to replace the boot file in the USB HDD. I am using this method,; one more thing: I just needed to delete AppleHPT.kext from S/L/E and now I have my external USB HDD booting 10.6.4 from USB.

see:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/lofiversi...209533-200.html

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...p;#entry1409583

Can someone tell me how long the battery will work in this maschine?

Because im searching for an alternative to the macbook air for developing

when im on travel.

Thanks a lot in advance

greetings

espo

Can someone tell me how long the battery will work in this maschine?

Because im searching for an alternative to the macbook air for developing

when im on travel.

Thanks a lot in advance

greetings

espo

About 2h30m to 3h