mosslack

Asus 1201N Installation and support

2,573 posts in this topic

Advertisement
I got the battery status indicator working again... I delete the dsdt and put my old dsdt at Extra folder: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...t&p=1558995

I delete the AppleHDA and I ran Kext Utility, then I restart, and I installed the voodoo2.7.2 package and put the voodoohda.ktext on the Kext Utility...

Everything is running smoothly right now, I won't install MacOS again... at least for now! lol

EDIT: I thought that the bug of losing the settings were fixed on the new version VoodooHDA but It still the same :( But I will stay with it until the AppleHDA be less buggy...

Do you have the sleep working and if yes, did you use sleepwatcher or something else ?

Can someone help me? "Unable to patch 64-bit kernel" and the gray screen appears. 1201 N. What should I do?

Hello!

I've have had the same problem. Unfortunately, I guess you have created your stick with a MAC OSC 10.6.3, right?

Ive tried it with 10.6.3, but a colleague from here has told me, that there is a problem with 10.6.3. Therefore I should try it with 10.6.0.

And I have to confess, that after a retry the problem didn't appear once more.

By the way, thanks to #macusareva for his help!

Thanks to

Do you have the sleep working and if yes, did you use sleepwatcher or something else ?

Mate, with the attached Extra folder and the AppleHDA and IOAudiofamily kexts in System/Library/Extensions/ I have had no issues with the Sound, boot, and the sleep function is working without issue as far as I can tell. Mac OS 10.6.4, with all updates installed.

Also, everyone else. With the attached Extra folder I have In-built HDMI output when plugged into my HDMI monitor, however, no sound is actually output. I will be working on this a bit to see what I can find out but I'm flying blind. So anyone who knows what to do any help would be appreciated.

Extra_2.zip

Charaaal38 but do you have a duoal boot with windows??

Mate, with the attached Extra folder and the AppleHDA and IOAudiofamily kexts in System/Library/Extensions/ I have had no issues with the Sound, boot, and the sleep function is working without issue as far as I can tell. Mac OS 10.6.4, with all updates installed.

Also, everyone else. With the attached Extra folder I have In-built HDMI output when plugged into my HDMI monitor, however, no sound is actually output. I will be working on this a bit to see what I can find out but I'm flying blind. So anyone who knows what to do any help would be appreciated.

Thank you, i have a 1201NL, is it the same as the 1201N ?

Charaaal38 but do you have a duoal boot with windows??

Windows ??? what for :(

no, only OSX o, boot.

Hello!

I've have had the same problem. Unfortunately, I guess you have created your stick with a MAC OSC 10.6.3, right?

Ive tried it with 10.6.3, but a colleague from here has told me, that there is a problem with 10.6.3. Therefore I should try it with 10.6.0.

And I have to confess, that after a retry the problem didn't appear once more.

By the way, thanks to #macusareva for his help!

Thanks to

Thank you! I try to stck to 10.6 from retail.

I uninstalled VooodooHDA, and I put your files and now MacOS doesn't boot. Hangs up where it says: System Uptime in nanoseconds:..."

I need to resinstall MacOS :(

I uninstalled VooodooHDA, and I put your files and now MacOS doesn't boot. Hangs up where it says: System Uptime in nanoseconds:..."

I need to resinstall MacOS :(

Try to boot without extensions (by pressing the caps while booting ) and repair ...

Thanks! It worked after a clean install :)

Try to boot without extensions (by pressing the caps while booting ) and repair ...

Thanks for that Charaaal! I was always curious if that worked on an hackintosh as well, but never tried it.

Do not be alarmed, rather be a little proud, that the system profiler shows a core 2 solo instead of atom for the processor!

As was stated earlier in the thread, somewhere, the atom IS a core proc.

Apple dropped support for the atom a couple of OS updates ago, and this is a reflection of the workaround.

By the way, anyone getting blue flashy screen as if detecting displays? It has settled down some for me but is still happening...

Hmm... I wonder if that's why I can't install the 10.6.4 combo update? Before running the combo update, the system profiler shows a single processor with two cores, but doesn't list the type of processor. From the About This Mac menuitem, it lists the processor as 1.6GHz Unknown.

Thanks for that Charaaal! I was always curious if that worked on an hackintosh as well, but never tried it.

it does, i unfortunatly had to try :)

so nobody has a solution for the sleep on a 1201NL with voodooHDA exept sleepwatcher?

Can someone explain me exactly how to use it or give me the link to a tutorial ?

Thx

it does, i unfortunatly had to try :)

so nobody has a solution for the sleep on a 1201NL with voodooHDA exept sleepwatcher?

Can someone explain me exactly how to use it or give me the link to a tutorial ?

Thx

With Mosslacks first installer everything worked. Voodooh, sleep, batterytime. I messed up the system by now, so I plan on an new install. But then again, I have the 1201N. But what I read out here, the Voodooh throws some mud in the water. The alternative sound options (I forgot the name, read a few pages back) isn't a good alternative?

Hmm... I wonder if that's why I can't install the 10.6.4 combo update? Before running the combo update, the system profiler shows a single processor with two cores, but doesn't list the type of processor. From the About This Mac menuitem, it lists the processor as 1.6GHz Unknown.

Update the Kernel.

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=197020

I just used your dsdt TiGuy82, removed applehda and installed voodoohda 2.7.2 and the kext.

Sure it gets the battery indicator working, but the sound on reboot constantly makes a fuzzy static sound unless you go into the voodoo control panel to turn down an option (forgot the name). It's troublesome to do this every reboot, and the trackpad also stops working (two finger scrolling).

So i've went back to my backup and i guess we'll just have to deal with having no battery status that always says not charging. Replace now.

I have an ASUS 1201n with 2GB memory with BIOS 326 and this is the way I got everything working properly.

Mine Hard Drive only has 1 partition! (for MacOS installation) - NO dual boot

FOLLOW THIS TUTORIAL ONLY IF YOU HAVE 2GB OF MEMORY!

I attached all files needed! You have to Login to have acess to the files.

- Install MacOS (following the mosslack tutorial) - I prepared my external hard drive (USB) using Snow Leopard 10.6.0 DVD

- After you finished installing the MacOS (Welcome Screen)

- Remove the files and folders on EXTRA folder

- Run Asus 1201N Installer package v4 (Asus 1201N Installer package v4.zip)

- Delete all the files and folders from Extra folder (again), and put the files that leclercqr posted (EXTRA 10.6.5.zip) - I modified them to work with the 10.6.5 combo update

- Install (put) Kext Utility on your Desktop (Kext.zip)

- Run the Kext Utility (password is requested)

- Update to 10.6.5 (combo update) - http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1324

- Restart (I have to press power button for a while and press it again to turn on the netbook)

- Put AsusHotKey.kext (AsusHotKey.zip) on Extra/Extensions

- drag and drop the AppleHDA.kext (Kext.zip) on the Kext Utility (desktop) and after it finish, drag and drop IOAudioFamily.Kext (Kext.zip) on the Kext Utility (desktop)

- Restart...

- Go to System Preferences - Right click on VoodooHDA - Remove "VoodooHDA" Preference Pane

Optional

64 Bits Kernel / update atom kernel

- Download 10.6.5 patched kernel: http://www.mediafire.com/?jfph92xtp16m13m , unzip it to the desktop using, you will see a file named mach_kernel_atom on the desktop

- Open Terminal

cd Desktop
cp mach_kernel_atom /
sudo chown 0:0 /mach_kernel_atom
sudo chmod 644 /mach_kernel_atom
sudo chflags hidden /mach_kernel_atom

- Install the Chameleon RC5 (Chameleon-2.0-RC5-r619.zip)

How to install Chameleon:

- Open the installer

- Press Continue

- Press Continue

- Don't customize!

- Press Install

- Replace the boot files inside of 64 bits.zip or 32 bits.zip (depending what mode you want to use) to Extra Folder and Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration.

- Restart

DON'T USE 32 bits.zip or 64 bits.zip files if you don't update the kernel! They are modified to work with mach_kernel_atom!

How to put the netbook to sleep when the battery reach 3% or less?*

*MacOS checks the battery level every 2 minutes (120 seconds) and if it's 3% or less it puts the netbook to sleep

- Download the batterysleep.zip and extract it.

- Copy batterysave to /bin (to go to /bin, right click on Finder icon and "Go to folder...", /bin)

- Copy com.cellnet.batterysave.plist to /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/ (to go to /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/, right click on Finder icon and "Go to folder...", /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/)

- Open Terminal

sudo su -
 chmod +x /bin/batterysave
 chown root:wheel /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.cellnet.batterysave.plist

I also followed the tutorial to make my DELL wifi card be recognized as an Airport card: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...t&p=1561429

A Huge THANK YOU to everyone who help me make my ASUS 1201n a good Mac machine :)

post-654817-1287143956_thumb.png

post-654817-1287174374_thumb.png

post-654817-1287201898_thumb.png

post-654817-1287369156_thumb.png

post-654817-1287578936_thumb.png

batterysleep.zip

EXTRA_10.6.5.zip

Kext.zip

Asus_1201N_Installer_package_v4.zip

Chameleon_2.0_RC5_r619.zip

32_Bits.zip

64_Bits.zip

post-654817-1289525292_thumb.png

AsusHotkeys.kext.zip

Edited by TiGuy82

so you have the battery status working with this little tute? If so, I will follow this again. And thank you very much in advance. ;)

Yes ;) as I told I got everything working even the 64 kernel.

I just tried to reinstall MacOs again and I can confirm that's working. I did as I wrote.

Please give me your feedback if you try my little tutorial

I am now testing this for possible use with the installer. I do have one question though, when I first installed the new set of kext in /Extra and rebooted, my power indicator did not work, just got the X instead. But after I tried testing sleep, it now works. Do you know why this is or can it be fixed to work without using sleep? BTW, I had to alter your DSDT as my system has 4 GB of RAM. Seems to be working just fine so far, currently testing timed sleep.

EDIT: So far so good, I have tested sleep choosing it from the Apple menu and timed sleep. Also tried lid sleep, but you do need to press the power button to wake the system from this mode. I do have one other question as to why both EvOreboot.kext and OSXRestart.kext are used. Are both required or can one or the other be removed?

I can confirm that TiGuy82's method of installing with everything working WORKS lol.

Thanks a lot buddy :) everything works now, mainly the battery status which was what I wanted working as everything else by mosslack's tutorial works for 10.6.4 on 1201n.

Didn't do the 64 bit kernel though as I didn't want that, I don't see any benefits of using it? But thanks heaps. Keep up the great work :)

Thanks but I just compiled the information given by other users. You have to thank them :)

Is your CPU well recognized without updating the kernel?

I can confirm that TiGuy82's method of installing with everything working WORKS lol.

Thanks a lot buddy :) everything works now, mainly the battery status which was what I wanted working as everything else by mosslack's tutorial works for 10.6.4 on 1201n.

Didn't do the 64 bit kernel though as I didn't want that, I don't see any benefits of using it? But thanks heaps. Keep up the great work :)

Yeah, I think the kernel update is not necessary. My system reports a 1.6 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo. The testing I've done so far is all positive and I think we may adopt this method in a new installer soon. :)

I am now testing this for possible use with the installer. I do have one question though, when I first installed the new set of kext in /Extra and rebooted, my power indicator did not work, just got the X instead. But after I tried testing sleep, it now works. Do you know why this is or can it be fixed to work without using sleep? BTW, I had to alter your DSDT as my system has 4 GB of RAM. Seems to be working just fine so far, currently testing timed sleep.

EDIT: So far so good, I have tested sleep choosing it from the Apple menu and timed sleep. Also tried lid sleep, but you do need to press the power button to wake the system from this mode. I do have one other question as to why both EvOreboot.kext and OSXRestart.kext are used. Are both required or can one or the other be removed?

Nice, good to hear the system is working well with 4Gb, something I'm still thinking about doing (if not just buying a new Macbook Pro??).

OSXRestart.kext I was doing some testing to compare the two but noticed no difference, must have just forgotten to delete. Only one is required.

I have never seen the cross, even on boot?? Not sure whats going on there.

Yeah, I think the kernel update is not necessary. My system reports a 1.6 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo. The testing I've done so far is all positive and I think we may adopt this method in a new installer soon. :)

It's good to hear that from you! You're are the very first person I have to thank to have my 1201n running like a Mac :)

In my opinion you can add Kernel update as an optional step for those who want activate 64bits or do you think is not necessary? Can you also put the update for the Latest Chameleon as an option (can be useful for future updates)

Just one question, why are you using the 321 BIOS instead of the 326?

I think my Mac is running so well! :) I have a MacBook 5.1, just look to the screenshot on my previous post :)