mosslack

Asus 1201N Installation and support

2,573 posts in this topic

Advertisement
The instller supplied by Mosslack includes power management KEXT patched. The DSDT file attached above removes the requirement to have both SleepEnabler.kext and NullCPUPowerManagement.kext, allowing the unpatched version of AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement and accociated kexts. I require only OSXRestart.kext to get the reset function to work otherwise all power functions and sleep work perfectly.

So if I use your DSDT and remove the SleepEnabler.kext and NullCPUPowerManagement.kext, then my sound will work? I think I'm confused.

It' s a pity I don't read Russian..

Should be an option to translate, at least there is using Chrome.

Here is the translated text:

Posted one week ago

I've assembled a collection of files that works with almost everything:

NULLCPUPowermenager not needed hpet, video and usb opened in dsdt.

The trackpad is configured prefpanelyu from Mercloft : running hit, drag, vertical and horizontal scrolling (covers in itunes listayutsya in iPhone), etc.

It is strange that no sohranyayutsya trackpad settings.

Can Mercloft make normal wood for multitouch trackpad, just have to wait.

LedSleep works too buggy: it is better to use sleepenabler on this beech it is triggered by the closure.

Lazy_Cat posted patched AppleHDA.kext for ALC269.

I added an internal microphone and made legas sound: since IOAudioFamily.kext.zip used the old version.

To start the sound you want to remove VoodooHDA.kext,

after the set / S / L / E / AppleHDA 10.6.2 and IOAudioFamily.kext.zip the directed Skvo

Legas sound in the game, the injector in the dsdt.

Please do not quote this post entirely - since it is constantly updated.

HTH

So if I use your DSDT and remove the SleepEnabler.kext and NullCPUPowerManagement.kext, then my sound will work? I think I'm confused.

Should be an option to translate, at least there is using Chrome.

Here is the translated text:

Posted one week ago

I've assembled a collection of files that works with almost everything:

NULLCPUPowermenager not needed hpet, video and usb opened in dsdt.

The trackpad is configured prefpanelyu from Mercloft : running hit, drag, vertical and horizontal scrolling (covers in itunes listayutsya in iPhone), etc.

It is strange that no sohranyayutsya trackpad settings.

Can Mercloft make normal wood for multitouch trackpad, just have to wait.

LedSleep works too buggy: it is better to use sleepenabler on this beech it is triggered by the closure.

Lazy_Cat posted patched AppleHDA.kext for ALC269.

I added an internal microphone and made legas sound: since IOAudioFamily.kext.zip used the old version.

To start the sound you want to remove VoodooHDA.kext,

after the set / S / L / E / AppleHDA 10.6.2 and IOAudioFamily.kext.zip the directed Skvo

Legas sound in the game, the injector in the dsdt.

Please do not quote this post entirely - since it is constantly updated.

HTH

It seems they updated the file, or am I wrong?

It seems they updated the file, or am I wrong?

Yeah, that is the way I read it. Got the internal mic working for one thing. Trouble is you have to be a member of that forum to download the file I believe.

Yeah, that is the way I read it. Got the internal mic working for one thing. Trouble is you have to be a member of that forum to download the file I believe.

Sorry, edit and Attachments files: Post #1690

Sorry, edit and Attachments files: Post #1690

Thanks, I'm doing a reinstall and will try the new files once it's done.

Thanks, I'm doing a reinstall and will try the new files once it's done.

Tried new files and the internal MIC now works also. However boot time is slowed, I think due to these error during the boot process. Does anyone know how to remove them (It looks like one of the sound assertion is from the HDMI audio)?;

- Not loading kext com.apple.driver.AppleHDAController - not found and kextd not available in early boot.

- Sound assertion ""ERROR: EFI ROM did not publish 'hda-gfx' associative property!\n"" failed in "/SourceCache/AppleHDA/AppleHDA-179.1.4/AppleHDA/AppleHDACodecGeneric.cpp" at line 331 goto ExitError

- Sound assertion "0 == pciVendorProductID" failed in "/SourceCache/AppleHDA/AppleHDA-179.1.4/AppleHDAController/AppleHDAController.cpp" at line 2682 goto Exit

Tried new files and the internal MIC now works also. However boot time is slowed, I think due to these error during the boot process. Does anyone know how to remove them (It looks like one of the sound assertion is from the HDMI audio)?;

- Not loading kext com.apple.driver.AppleHDAController - not found and kextd not available in early boot.

- Sound assertion ""ERROR: EFI ROM did not publish 'hda-gfx' associative property!\n"" failed in "/SourceCache/AppleHDA/AppleHDA-179.1.4/AppleHDA/AppleHDACodecGeneric.cpp" at line 331 goto ExitError

- Sound assertion "0 == pciVendorProductID" failed in "/SourceCache/AppleHDA/AppleHDA-179.1.4/AppleHDAController/AppleHDAController.cpp" at line 2682 goto Exit

Those errors came from HDMI missing info plus legacy kext.

I don't see the reason why you guys should use a legacy since the need of custom hda..

Boot time is slow b/c ahda plugin has a >2 MB plist file, thats insane...

Try this one and remove legacy is useless:

1201N_ALC269_HDAGFX.zip

Those errors came from HDMI missing info plus legacy kext.

I don't see the reason why you guys should use a legacy since the need of custom hda..

Boot time is slow b/c ahda plugin has a >2 MB plist file, thats insane...

Try this one and remove legacy is useless:

I tried this and it works, but the battery indicator on the menu bar doesn't work right. I'm currently trying to piece together a set of these files which will work without something being messed up or broke. Plus I'm having a bunch of problems doing reinstalls on my system. I think I have that problem fixed now so hopefully I will have some good news to report shortly.

EDIT: I now have it working just fine, complete with battery indicator in the menu bar. I'm currently downloading and installing all of the minor updates for the system. One thing I've noticed is that my shutdown is not working properly. This has to be one of the most difficult systems I have ever worked with. Boot it up one time and the trackpad and keyboard work just fine. Reboot and they don't work. I believe part of my problem was using the 2 Gb DSDT with 4 Gb as those problems have seemed to disappear. I must of used this same procedure to install the system on here at least 30 times and so why is it different this time?

I tried The King's kexts and dsdt I removed sleepenabler and NullCPUPowerManagement, I have OSXreboot installed too on some recommendation I forgot about. The trackpad didn't work on the first reboot, I ran kext utility and rebooted, works now. Boots up quick, sound and mic work and sleep with meklort's lidsleep.kext works great. I'm rebooting a few times now to see if any issues arise. I'll share my setup on request. EVERYTHING WORKS except the volume hotkeys after sleep and the internal mic in ichat (didn't work with voodoo either, must be software). Another thing I followed a how to on changing the Dell 1510's ID to an airport card and that greatly improved the wifi speeds as the driver used by default caps out the bandwidth.

One question for the King, is the DSDT a 2GB one or something else?

It works fine but my 1201N (2GB) is my note taking computer and the last thing I need is a broken 1201N in class.

I have now modified the install files and changed the guide to reflect the new sound procedure for using AppleHDA instead of VoodooHDA. All of the DSDT's for the different memory sizes 2,3 or 4 GB have been altered for use with the new sound files. Please let me know if you experience any problems so they can be corrected ASAP.

I have not tested the other optional kext such as the hot keys or ethernet fixes, so please let me know how well they work with the new sound fix.

BTW, I think I promised to add some kind of fix to this version, but I forgot, was it for the BT? Someone please remind me and I will make the changes. Thanks.

I have now modified the install files and changed the guide to reflect the new sound procedure for using AppleHDA instead of VoodooHDA. All of the DSDT's for the different memory sizes 2,3 or 4 GB have been altered for use with the new sound files. Please let me know if you experience any problems so they can be corrected ASAP.

I have not tested the other optional kext such as the hot keys or ethernet fixes, so please let me know how well they work with the new sound fix.

BTW, I think I promised to add some kind of fix to this version, but I forgot, was it for the BT? Someone please remind me and I will make the changes. Thanks.

What a great car you got there! ;-) btw, can I find the new installer on the old place as ususal? I am planning to do a reinstall this weekend.

Okay I have it downloaded, does it just get installed via Kext Utility or does it go into /Extra? Sorry for forgetting, but at least I remembered that I forgot! :rolleyes:

Via Kext Utility ;)

I'm going to reinstall my MacOS after you prepare everything.

I'm using this vanilla sleep DSDT without SleepEnabler.kext and NullCPUPowerManagement.kext and everything works fine. Maybe that should be included, I did install OSXrestart.kext to fix any problems. As well I'm using LidSleep.kext which allows sleep when the lid gets closed. Useful if you wanna emulate the way a mac works.

I have a 40 second boot time with a 7200 rpm hard drive (compared to 29 seconds on my i7 macbook). Sleep is pretty much instant as is wake. Shutdown is 15 seconds.

dsdt_2GB_1201N.zip

LidSleep.zip

OSXRestart.zip

My setup

Download

-Its perfect every works, no ethernet kext due to the fact I never use it and the kext is kinda buggy

-Watch the com.apple.Boot.plist as I have a win7 boot and I'm not sure how that would affect someone else. As well I have a theme installed which I love, edit com.apple.Boot.plist to change it.

Via Kext Utility :(

I'm going to reinstall my MacOS after you prepare everything.

Thanks, I will modify the install guide to include directions in the optional installs section. I have already included the file with the install files on MediaFire so you can download it anytime now. I just need to mod the guide and you already know what to do with it.

What a great car you got there! ;-) btw, can I find the new installer on the old place as ususal? I am planning to do a reinstall this weekend.

It is in a different place (Google Docs), but the link on the top post has been changed to take you to it. AFAIK, it is pretty complete now, including the recently added AppleHDA sound and BT fix. We may switch to the vanilla sleep DSDT method which is being discussed once I have a chance to test it out.

For now, the files/guide posted has been tested by me and found to be working very well. Of course I'm not big on sleep, so I never test that. I will however make the switch if this new method pans out as I know most others like to use sleep.

Asus 1201N Install files.zip doesn't have the 2GB DSDT updated file or is it included on the installer package?

Thanks, I will modify the install guide to include directions in the optional installs section. I have already included the file with the install files on MediaFire so you can download it anytime now. I just need to mod the guide and you already know what to do with it.

It is in a different place (Google Docs), but the link on the top post has been changed to take you to it. AFAIK, it is pretty complete now, including the recently added AppleHDA sound and BT fix. We may switch to the vanilla sleep DSDT method which is being discussed once I have a chance to test it out.

For now, the files/guide posted has been tested by me and found to be working very well. Of course I'm not big on sleep, so I never test that. I will however make the switch if this new method pans out as I know most others like to use sleep.

The DSDT provided by 'The King' removes the SoundAssertions and provides for Vanilla Sleep without the requirement for SleepEnabler of NullCPUManagement. It also has 'sleep on lid close' controlled through the DSDT so the LidSleep kext is nolonger required.

I am using not without issue.

Asus 1201N Install files.zip doesn't have the 2GB DSDT updated file or is it included on the installer package?

Yes, same as always it is included with the installer package as you are supposed to install with just 2 Gb of RAM. HTH

The DSDT provided by 'The King' removes the SoundAssertions and provides for Vanilla Sleep without the requirement for SleepEnabler of NullCPUManagement. It also has 'sleep on lid close' controlled through the DSDT so the LidSleep kext is nolonger required.

I am using not without issue.

I tried it myself, but the battery indicator in the menu bar does not work with it.

Yes, same as always it is included with the installer package as you are supposed to install with just 2 Gb of RAM. HTH

I tried it myself, but the battery indicator in the menu bar does not work with it.

I reinstalled MacOS, and it seems to be working properly :wacko:

I just wonder if is it normal to have the VooDooHDA icon on the System Preferences? I check at System/library/extension and I doesn't have the voodoohda.ktext

Hello,

First of all, please excuse my english, i'm french.

I've a 1201 NL witch i updated to 2 Gb and 320 Go hdd and i red this topic. on page 22, another frenchie :wacko: ask if it was possible to run snowléo on this machine and it seems that its possible.

I ve done everything from the first page but when i start the installation, i get a kernel panic just after the apple, i don't even have the language selection page.

Can someone tell me what to do ?

I have an imac 24 and a retail Snowléo 10.6.3 DVD (the last one), i use a 40 GB usb HDD (faster than my usb keys).

Thank for your job and your help

Here is what i get :

Screen KP

How to update the atom kernel? I have some doubts

1. Download zip to Desktop

2. Unzip by double click

3. Open Terminal.app

4. sudo -s

5. Enter your root password

6. cd /

7. mv mach_kernel mach_kernel_1062 *

8. cp ~/Desktop/mach_kernel / *

9. chown 0:0 mach_kernel *

10. reboot

* the mach_kernel is named by mach_kernel_atom, what to do?