Help on PCI cards waking my system

ffosilva

6 posts in this topic

Hi!

Is there a way to disable waking from sleep by PCI cards? If I remove my firewire and airport (atheros) card it sleeps fine but if I put one of then it wake up immediately. I tried a lot of things but without results (disabled PME wake and Wake-On-Ring on BIOS) and some modifications in DSDT without success.

Thanks.

(sorry for my bad english)

My DSDT is attached on post.

dsdt.zip

Check in your kernel log what's the wake reason

grep -i wake /var/log/kernel.log

I have an Aspire 5920 laptop with this problem, wake reason was "HDEF EHC1", so I removed _PRW from these devices in DSDT and sleep works.

"7.2.10 _PRW (Power Resources for Wake)

This object is only required for devices that have the ability to wake the system from a system sleeping state."

Jan 22 16:02:20 fabio-macpro kernel[0]: Wake reason =

Jan 22 16:02:20 fabio-macpro kernel[0]: System Wake

There are no reason and still waking. =(

I'd removed a lot of devices like Floppy, PS2 Keyboard & Mouse, COM1, LPT1 and still waking. As I said if I do remove pci cards from my computer it stops waking, but I need airport for internet access. =/

I did it but without results. I fixed it today by changing atheros to my girlfriend's hack broadcom card and the most interesting is that her hack still sleeping and mine too. Mine still without firewire card because my lucent/agere pci card don't like my computer sleeping. hahaha

Thanks for all.