• Announcements

• Allan

Forum Rules   04/13/2018

Hello folks! As some things are being fixed, we'll keep you updated. Per hour the Forum Rules don't have a dedicated "Tab", so here is the place that we have our Rules back. New Users Lounge > [READ] - InsanelyMac Forum Rules - The InsanelyMac Staff Team. 
kdawg

InsanelyMac Firefox/IE7 Search plugin

19 posts in this topic

I made this plugin to help me search InsanelyMac's forums. I know they're working on getting the forum's search function to work better but until then this works great. Should be good for Firefox 2 and up as well as IE7 and up in both OS X and Windows.

UPDATE: New auto-installer for Firefox.

Click here to auto-install the InsanelyMac Firefox search plugin.

For IE7 users, I'm sure there's plenty of you, click the link above then go to the drop down search pane in the upper right and select "InsanelyMac Search" on the bottom. There's a permissions thing I can't get around so you'll have to do it this way unless we can get InsanelyMac to host the installer.

Don´t work in FF 3.6.

Users/"your user directory"/Library/Application Support/Firefox/Profiles/xxyy.default/searchplugins/

Folder "Searchplugins" not exist...

Don´t work in FF 3.6.

Folder "Searchplugins" not exist...

Create the folder yourself if it doesn't exist, lowercase.

Create the folder yourself if it doesn't exist, lowercase.

Amazing! Works ;)

Does it work with the Windows version of Firefox as well?

Where does it go on a Windows installation?

You can try it, not sure. I would say it should be in the approximate same location… where ever Windows keeps it's preferences. If it doesn't work I could probably manage to make one. Let me know.

It works in Windows. Copy to C:/Program/Mozilla Firefox/searchplugins and restart Firefox...

Guest James.1979

Fantastic this plugin. Thanks

thanks man, but a damn funny coincidence, that the "incomplete-news.com" people released that type of searchplugin about three weeks earlier... http://news.metaparadigma.de/labs-unoffici...nd-safari-2911/

I made this plugin to help me search InsanelyMac's forums. I know they're working on getting the forum's search function to work better but (..)