Loading HFS+ File / Starting Darwin then restarts - HELP!

julikop

8 posts in this topic

Hey guys I successfully installed OSX86 after the annoying "still waiting for root device" error. Then after it restarted i got a B0 Error. I successfully solved that by booting to eXtended FDISK and setting that partition as the active partition. Then rebooted again and hit F8 to get to the advanced boot options. I booted with "-v" to see the messages. All I saw was a lot of "Loading HFS+ File" messages and then at the very end I was able to see a message saying "Starting Darwin" and then it reboots. I already searched this forum and could not find an answer so I am creating a new post. Please Help!!

Hey guys I successfully installed OSX86 after the annoying "still waiting for root device" error. Then after it restarted i got a B0 Error. I successfully solved that by booting to eXtended FDISK and setting that partition as the active partition. Then rebooted again and hit F8 to get to the advanced boot options. I booted with "-v" to see the messages. All I saw was a lot of "Loading HFS+ File" messages and then at the very end I was able to see a message saying "Starting Darwin" and then it reboots. I already searched this forum and could not find an answer so I am creating a new post. Please Help!!

what happens when you boot regularly or have you not solved the still waiting for root device error?

I have solved the "Still waiting for Root Device" problem by manually setting the jumpers and also putting both drives (Hard drive and DVD-ROM drive) on one IDE Cable. I have also solved the B0 Error with the eXtended FDISK method. The problem I am having now is that it gives me many messages that say "Loading HFS+ File:..." and then it says "Starting Darwin" and then my computer restarts...

I put this on a seperate hard drive that has been formatted to HFS+ not FAT16/FAT32 or NTFS. So there is nothing to boot normally from. I am not trying to do a dual boot or anything, just a native OSX86 boot.

What is your hardware configuration? Is it possible your system is an AMD or only SSE2 compatible, and you installed the wrong patches?

Hmm... That is a possibly that I will test right after applying Jas PPF Patch to Jas 10.4.6. The motherboard that is being used is a Asus P5S800-VM and I have an Intel Pentium4 530 CPU. It is SSE3 compatible since I saw a screen that said "CPU TECHNOLOGIES: ....., SSE2, SSE3, ......" when installing a flavor of Linux (I forgot which one since I have installed 4 in the past week. All on different drives, though...)

What is your hardware configuration? Is it possible your system is an AMD or only SSE2 compatible, and you installed the wrong patches?

Hey thanks a lot. I got it working. The problem was that I selected the entire group of hacks (Intel and AMD, plus everything else that was in that group). This time around (my third time trying) I selected only the patches I needed and BINGO!!!

Now all I have to do is test all the peripherals, like wireless networking, audio, etc...

Thanks a lot guys...

Oh, and also getting a resolution higher than 1280x768... ;)

Hmm... That is a possibly that I will test right after applying Jas PPF Patch to Jas 10.4.6. The motherboard that is being used is a Asus P5S800-VM and I have an Intel Pentium4 530 CPU. It is SSE3 compatible since I saw a screen that said "CPU TECHNOLOGIES: ....., SSE2, SSE3, ......" when installing a flavor of Linux (I forgot which one since I have installed 4 in the past week. All on different drives, though...)

I've had exact same problem running my Asus P5GD2 Deluxe. Reboots after all the -v matrix screen :D and then blank screen for about five seconds and then reboots. I'm also dual booting with XP Professional. I'm wondering if our boards aren't compatible. I'm having similar problems trying to boot Vista 2 after installs.

• 4 weeks later...

If you're not trying to dual boot and you're getting the HFS+ partition error message, than I have an easy fix. Get to a terminal and type "sudo fdisk -u /dev/rdisk0" To get the the terminal you can either boot with an OSX86 install disc (like Jas or goatsecx) and wait for it to timeout (boot your install) or enter single user mode. Once you've executed the command it will ask you to confirm the operation. Answer yes and you should have no trouble next time you boot.