Help! Mouseover Dock Runs Apps!

Wing123

3 posts in this topic

Greetings and Happy New Year!

I've got a weird problem with Snow Leopard 6.1 on my Hackintosh rig. (The specs should be below in my signature.)

When I installed a Logitech MX700 wireless mouse, I found that simply passing the mousepointer over the dock runs the application that the pointer passes over. Swiping the mouse over the dock runs whatever apps happen to be under the swipe. If I move from left to right or right to left, ALL of the apps on the dock will run.

Obviously I want this to stop.

I've installed the latest Logitech Control Center straight from Logitech's site, so I know its not the drivers. Apparently it's in my Snow Leopard install, but I'm damned if I can find a fix.

BTW: The mouse works fine on my Macbook Pro, so I know its good to go and not defective

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Wing123

I have absolutely no idea if this problem can be caused by a fautly snowleo install, but I just found out the Logitech ControlCenter is rubbish..

I tried lots of different logitech mice with different macs (and hackintosh) and it never worked completely as it should.

Does the problem still exist when you remove the logitech software? And what about trying another mouse?

Does it make any difference if your dock is set to hide automatically oder always visible?

Hi there :)

I have the same problem.

I use Logitech Control Center for my mx700 (a great mouse :)) and my illuminated keyboard. Everything works great on 10.5.7 and lcc v2.7.

Now on 10.6.2, i have the same problem as you, when mouse is over the dock, or in finder windows when the horizontal scroll is active.. Even with the last version of lcc (v3.1).

Version 3.1 works well on 10.5.7, on the same machine with the same mouse. So i think the problem is between the driver and 10.6.2 (or 10.6).

i've no solution for the moment, exept using a "PC" keyboard layout. Mouse works without logitech driver, but i can't configure "special buttons" :)

Thanks fo any help :)