Sharp Copier/Printer Networking Problem

Joshua Sebastian

3 posts in this topic

Hello all,

I'm at my wits end with this one but am probably missing something simple. I have been unable to successfully get any of our office Macs (ranging from 10.4 to 10.6) to print from our networked Sharp AR-M450N printer/copier. I have easily gotten every single PC in the office printing on it over the network (so I know it is available on the network and not malfunctioning).

Here is the problem for your review:

- Adds fine through IP

- Generic PostScript driver does not work

- When I switch it to the AR-450 driver listed in OS X it still does not work

- Have installed most up-to-date driver from Sharp website but it does not appear in the driver list

- Queue shows print jobs but immediately pauses; if you 'play' the jobs in the queue window it will then immediately pause again; same cycle endlessly and nothing will ever print

No matter what I do I cannot get it to print. I very much appreciate any and all help you can offer. Thanks again.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello,

I also have this problem, except with my Epson Stylus Photo RX595 all-in-one printer. It is connected to a pc, that is in turn connected to my wireless network. My hackintosh can connect to the network fine, and can even detect and add the printer, but whenever I try to print something the job immediately stops, and no matter what I do I can't get it to start. However, I can successfully delete the job from the queue.

Any help on this subject would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Nick

• 1 month later...

Maybe the driver you used doesn't support network printing? I have a Canon IP4200 and it can print fine using Canon's driver with USB cable. But I have to use Gutenprint's driver for it to print over the network. Maybe you can try Gutenprint's driver for your RX595 see if it work for you.