Drivers for Nvidia Geforce 9400 GT - Success

MacNutty

352 posts in this topic

After three days of struggle to get QE and other support back, finally I succeeded. I am posting the kexts for all members having the same graphics card. I would also like to thank this forum for providing me essential guidelines to make this possible. Here are the kexts, just install them with kexthelper.

Nvidia GeForce 9400 GT drivers

NOTE:

Works on Leopard 10.5.5 and above.

It works with 10.5.7 also

Can u plz upload kexts somewhere else, rapidshare says the download limit for the file is reached.

"To download this file, the uploader either needs to transfer this file into his/her Collector's Account, or upload the file again. The file can later be moved to a Collector's Account. The uploader just needs to click the delete link of the file to get further information."

What is the process you use to install this? What pre-requisites do you have (modified boot plist? modified video card ROM? etc). When I try to use these as-is, my display goes black when the login screen should appear...

Thanks!

If you are using DVI port instead of VGA, just boot with -s option.

At command prompt use nano NVInject.kext/Content/Info.plist.

You will find Display-B and Display-A written some where just swap B with A and A with B, save Info.plist. Apply permissions with chmod and chown commands (you must to knowing how to do it, if not just search) and reboot with -f flag, your display will be back.

I now have both DVI and VGA ports connected to my monitor. VGA goes into power saving mode after the grey screen, DVI displays the secondary screen, but things are garbled (like shadows), and clicking the Display panel in System Settings caused the DVI ouput to go black as well.

Any ideas?

• 2 weeks later...

i am having the same problem when i boot when the apple logo dissapears then it goes to a black screen and stays there i can press the volum button on my keyboard and it will make the volume up click and other system sounds but it just a black screen with a cursor if you could help i would be so gratefull.

here is my exact 9400gt you can find the connections and stuff in the decription

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?sk...d=1217029991823

fireofanor is your 9400gt made by PNY or BFG ? if it is PNY than maby we need to do a modifaction for the PNY card

It's Zotac 9400 GT 512 mb Device ID: 0x0641

actually i'm now using this card QE enabled with efi strings plist edit.. but seems like it's not working good as it has to be.. thats why i've tried the drivers on this post.. but not working...

could you tell me how you got QE working plz

And when i get back from my grandmoters in 2 hours i will work on the kext's for you and i will send them to you to try

Taz, I have the exact same card you do (from BestBuy.) I get slightly better results using Mac's drivers. One port produces the black screen, with just a pinkish menu bar and a very red apple. The other port paints a blue background and segments of windows, but I can't see the entire desktop or interact with anything on it. It's painfully slow when it does try to paint a section.

Did you figure out the device id for this PNY card? If you create an updated kext for this specific card I would appreciate a copy.

Should I remove the Natit kext I had installed for my ATI x1300? Could that be contributing to what I'm seeing? Left it installed in case I needed to revert back to the ATI.

Another note: desktop comes up fine in safe boot. All resolutions are available. Here's the Profiler output. Says there's no QE/CI.

Graphics by NVIDIA:

Chipset Model: Graphics by NVIDIA

Type: Display

Bus: PCIe

PCIe Lane Width: x16

VRAM (Total): 512 MB

Vendor: NVIDIA (0x10de)

Device ID: 0x042c

Revision ID: 0x00a1

ROM Revision: NVinject 0.2.1

Displays:

VA1930wm:

Resolution: 1440 x 900 @ 60 Hz

Depth: 32-bit Color

Core Image: Software

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Quartz Extreme: Not Supported

Taz, I have the exact same card you do (from BestBuy.) I get slightly better results using Mac's drivers. One port produces the black screen, with just a pinkish menu bar and a very red apple. The other port paints a blue background and segments of windows, but I can't see the entire desktop or interact with anything on it.

Did you figure out the device id for this PNY card? If you create an updated kext for this specific card I would appreciate a copy.

Should I remove the Natit kext I had installed for my ATI x1300? Could that be contributing to what I'm seeing? Left it installed in case I needed to revert back to the ATI.

ok i am working on it ill post when i get it

ok i am working on it ill post when i get it

I did'nt had any such problems. I have Palit Nvidia Geforce 9400 GT and it worked fine after adding device id to the three kexts. If you are facing some problem, try adding correct device ids to them.

I did'nt had any such problems. I have Palit Nvidia Geforce 9400 GT and it worked fine after adding device id to the three kexts. If you are facing some problem, try adding correct device ids to them.

Actually the point is my device id (0x064110de) is already in tree kexts.. but however it doesnt work with your kext i dont know why.. ( i'm using 10.5.6 with vanilla)

by the way, before i enable QuartzGl i wasnt very happy with this card's performance.. but now it's working really good.. I suggest to people who having problems with using injectors such nvinject, just try install Nvidia 9 series drivers and adding efi string and enabling quartzgl. I know that sounds a little bit more complicated than just installing kext but if have nothing to do just give it a try.

In my case my card has the same device ID (at least as reported by System Profiler) and the ktexts still don't work.

What is device id 0x064110de? I see that precedes 0x042c10de in each case.

Do you guys have any pointers to guides on this site that talk more about nVidia video, NVcap, NVinject and how to go about building the kexts? I can't find a sticky anywhere on this.

At least I can sleep with this card, even in safe mode. With the ATI x1300 the display went into "permanent" sleep.