Installing OSX86 10.6.0 Hackintosh on HP Touchsmart tx2-1020us

6 posts in this topic

Hello World,

Well its been a while since I've actually posted anything here but I'm back again and with a guide for installing Snow Leopard on the tx2-1020us. I am assuming that you already have a partition prepared (formatted and named etc etc) for Snow Leopard.

====Requirements:====

-An already working Mac partition

-A Retail copy of Snow Leopard

-a USB Flash drive (8GB+)

-This download

-A HUGE AMOUNT OF PATIENCE

====Preparation====

1. Format the Flash drive as Mac OSX Extended and name it "Snow Install" (Yeah just name it as I did it'll make both our lives alot easier)

2. Next thing is mounting the Retail DMG.

3. Do a restore on the Flash drive with the source as the Retail DMG

4. Once that is complete run the "myHack_Installer_1.0_RC4.1_r55.mpkg"

-Set the source as the Flash Drive

-customize the install with these options:

="com.apple.Boot.plist"

="Chocolate Kernel"

="PS2Controller"

="FramebufferDisabler.kext"

="IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector.kext"

="LegacyAppleRTC.kext"

="NullCPUPowerManagement.kext"

="OpenHaltRestart.kext"

="PlatformUUID.kext"

="Sleepenabler.kext"

5. Once that is all done copy the "After Install Folder" to the Flash drive {As a Side Note if you already have the DSDT.aml file go ahead and copy it into the "After Install Folder"}

6. Your ready to install so reboot and cross your fingers.

====Installing Snow Leopard====

1. Pull up the boot menu (I hope that you still have the Flash Drive plugged in)

2. Select the Flash drive and let it rip.

3. After the Bootloader loads up the installer and everything your ready to install Snow Leopard

4. Customize the Install and deselect everything that isn't necessary (your definition can work here, Ill let you off the hook)

5. Let the installer run and finish

*****THERE IS A CHANCE THAT THE INSTALLER WILL SAY THAT IT FAILED DO NOT WORRY ABOUT THAT AT ALL JUST RESTART THE LAPTOP*****

====Post Install====

1. Alright now here is the fun part Once the Laptop has Rebooted Pull up the boot menu again.

2. Once again select the Flash Drive and Boot From it, this time with the "-v" boot flag.

3. You will then be greeted with the Welcome Screen. (Set it up with your info...Cant help you there)

4. Alright Once that is all done open your flashdrive and open the "After Install Folder".

5. Run the "myHack_Installer_1.0_RC4.1_r55.mpkg" with the EXACT same options as before but this time on your Snow Leopard partition.

6. After that is done: Install the 2 kexts in the "kexts" folder using "Kext Helper" (This will install Dong's Framebuffer and the ALC268 audio drivers)

7. Copy you DSDT.aml file to the root of your Snow Leopard Partition. (If you haven't done a DSDT patch you can do it with the Patcher Gui in the "After Install Folder")

8. After all of that is done Unplug your flashdrive and reboot your Laptop/

9. if all went well you should be able to boot up into Snow Leopard without the Flashdrive.

10. Since no Kernel currently exists for Snow Leopard to do on-the-fly cpuid patches, do a cpuid patch for Snow Leopard (Instructions Below).

====CPUID Patch====

1. Using the "Marvin's" Utility you need to apply a patch to iTunes and Spotlight.

2. Select the "Patch all Binaries" Option.

3. And browse to:

/System/Library/QuickTime/

4. Hit run and let it finish.

5. Next browse to:

/System/Library/Frameworks/CoreServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/CarbonCore.framework/Versions/A/

6. Hit run and let it finish. This will solve the iTunes crashing problems.

7. Now browse to:

/System/Library/PreferencePanes/Spotlight.prefPane

8. Hit Run and let it finish and now you Spotlight will run perfectly (or as close as it can anyways lol).

Congrats you now have Snow Leopard running on the tx2-1020us

If you have any questions you may post and I'll try to help as much as I can.

Peace

EDIT: Reason: added New Section for cpuid Patching

• 3 weeks later...

thanks to you I've hackintoshed my HP TX2 1012NR. ;)

I got some things to say:

1st: the trackpad/touchpad doesn't work at the install process.

2nd: we need to add the ATY_Init.kext and RadeonHD.kext for the 1280x800px resolution.

3rd: we need to add the VoodooBattery.kext for the batt meter.

4th: the wifi thing, we can find here @ BCM drivers.

5th: I've tried the ALC268 trick but my sound doesn't work.

I forgot the kext for the trackpad(maybe ApplePS2Controller.kext and AppleACPIPlatform.kext), but we also need to replace the Trackpad.Prefpane @ /System/Library/PreferencePanes

that's all I know.

hope it helps.

• 1 month later...

This looks like a pretty good tut, I'm looking forward to trying it soon.

Will it work if my current osx86 is iDeneb 1.3 (os 10.5.5)?

Also, I don't own a 8gb flash drive, so can it be done with a ~10gb hdd partition?

• 1 month later...
This looks like a pretty good tut, I'm looking forward to trying it soon.

Will it work if my current osx86 is iDeneb 1.3 (os 10.5.5)?

Also, I don't own a 8gb flash drive, so can it be done with a ~10gb hdd partition?

Yes I believe it should work. The touchscreen doesn't currently work with Snow Leopard.

• 6 months later...
Yes I believe it should work. The touchscreen doesn't currently work with Snow Leopard.

Hello, phamtom thief dark mouse", does the QE work on the TX2Z w/ snow leopard?! I vebeen trying to enable but icant find a kext for it. Thanks. I appreciate it..:D

plz find something^_^!@