ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4570 problem...

Burning Pawnda

7 posts in this topic

Hello.

I recently decided that i would install SL on my new Sony Vaio FW51JF laptop.

I read about other people with laptops that matched the specs of mine.

They said that they could get the graphics to work, but not in native resolution.

But after trying both 10.6 and 10.5 with no luck... I can't seem to figure out what the problem is...

First i tried booting the SL install with a chameleon usb stick.

I loaded it in verbose mode, and got to the part where it loads the graphics.

It just startet showing alot of random white artifacts on the screen, and nothing happende.

Screenshot:DSC_0001.jpg

I then downloaded the 10.5 Kalyway release, it loaded the install just fine, with graphics.

But after the install it wouldn't load, so im guessing that i need a driver located on the kalyway dvd.

The kalyway showed this screen when booting after the install:DSC_0001.jpg

If anyone got any advice, or know a solution to my problem, it would save my day!

Regards, Adam.

look further down in this forum for my Topic, many of us got full res to work on Mobility cards (mushushi you need to relax, at this point he wants a usable screen not garble). that problem you have is caused by a driver that needs to be removed, not added. You will get full resolution but not Acceleration

You can try to start on safe mode and delete ATi kext from S/L/E. Or conecting your HDD to other Mac or Hacky. To have full resolution you have to install RadeonHD.kext and modify it. Search a topic of HD4570 some days ago.

• 1 year later...