Install not working on P35-DS3R and ATi 4870

FWP

5 posts in this topic

I've tried almost everything.. bought a retail 10.6 disc, CANNOT get it to start installing. No matter what I do, I can't get past the grey screen with the Apple on it. With one boot up method I get a 'cancel' symbol on the Apple icon, or the Apple icon is left alone but I get a spinning wheel below it that eventually stops moving and the system freezes.

Hardware:

RAID 0 pair of drives

P35-DS3R rev. 1, bios F13

ATi 4870 512mb

About to just give up. I want to dual boot with windows too, it's installed already on the first partition, I've saved the second partition for SL.

I looked into patching a dsdt file or whatever it's called but it's just way beyond me.

Anyone?

Your info is not very specific so it is hard for anyone to help you.

Obviously if you are trying to install directly to a RAID disk you are going to have problems unless you first install onto a non-raid and then copy the install-image onto raid-paired disks. But intel-raid is a no-no! Either apple software raid disks or mac-compatible raid card and format.

If this is your first Hackintosh, try to keep it simple.

i.e. first-single install...

second-dual boot...

third-raid.

good luck,

ninetto

Your info is not very specific so it is hard for anyone to help you.

Obviously if you are trying to install directly to a RAID disk you are going to have problems unless you first install onto a non-raid and then copy the install-image onto raid-paired disks. But intel-raid is a no-no! Either apple software raid disks or mac-compatible raid card and format.

If this is your first Hackintosh, try to keep it simple.

i.e. first-single install...

second-dual boot...

third-raid.

good luck,

ninetto

I am on my Dell 10v right now with Mac 10.6. Runs fantastic. Install was easy.

But, if it won't install on my computer running a RAID 0 setup, then I'm going to forget about it all together.

A little update - after buying and installing a SATA DVD drive, I was able to boot up a 10.5.2 leopard disc and get to the disk utility window where it does not see my two drives as one, only as two seperate drives, so it's not gonna work, unfortunately.

Have you tried the "Bob Ross" method? See post #6

Link

Haven't tried it yet, I'll look into it.