Problem with textures in Oblivion

Nightshaded

2 posts in this topic

Thanks to the topics here, I was able to get Oblivion working on my iMac. The only problem I seem to be having, aside from the random crashes (which I had on my PC too), is with indoor texture bugs.

I attached a screenshot of the problem. As you can see, the textures on the body occasionally just show up as white, and only certain parts of the body.

Now, this only happens indoors (to my knowledge), and I can actually eliminate it completely by turning on FullBrightLighting (setting FullBrightLighting=1). But that means that entering a dark, dank cave is like walking into Fort Knox with stadium spotlights shinning on the gold. Not very realistic. This also makes it so that characters are gleeming white to the point of hurting your eyes.

Any idea what's causing this and how to fix it?

On a separate note, I'm thinking about just purchasing the "Game of the Year" edition for the X-Box 360, since I want the expansion pack and would prefer not to deal with any bugs. How well does the console version play?

post-545739-1261600992_thumb.gif

• 5 months later...

It's been a few months since I posted this, but I wanted to update on it. I'm also hoping someone can help me with this problem.

One thing I found today was that the setting "bUseHardDriveCache=1" was set to 0, and once I set it to 1, everything functioned sooooo much smoother. FPS skyrocketed, and most importantly, the game no longer got bogged down after a few minutes.

My biggest problems right now are the weird white textures on armor indoors, as well as occasional graphical errors where a texture will swap back & forth. My other problems are that I can't enable trees, and loading a saved game after you've already loaded one will cause the game to crash. Hope someone can help, I'm almost there to a perfect set up.