Lifehacker + Halloween Installer on GA EP45-UD3R (not P)

mindmedia

8 posts in this topic

UPDATE JAN 2011:

This build was updated to Snow Leopard 10.6.4, 10.6.5 and a couple of days ago to 10.6.6.

It works perfect right from Software Update.

Pro Tools 8.0.4, Adobe CS5, Reason, etc.

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Hi there

Just wanted to share.

I've build a Hackintosh that works out of the f****** box!!!

Not even an audio tweak. The computer sleeps, restarts, everything work as a regular mac.

Funny thing, Leopard recognizes it as a Mac Pro.

I follow the Lifehacker Guide and used the Stellarola magic installer (v3 Halloween).

After installing, I have updated to 10.6.2 with no problems at all through Software Update option.

To mention is that you better partition the HD as Mac Os Extended Journaled (not Case Sensitive)

If you set the partition to Case Sensitive, you wont be able to install Adobe Software on it.

------------------------------------

Hardware:

- Gigabyte EP45 UD3R

- Intel Core 2 Quad Q8400

- 4 GB ram

- Nvidia GeForce 9500 GT 1 Gb

- Antec Solo case

- Samsung DVD/CD recorder

- 500 GB Western Digital Black Caviar

Regards, and sorry 4 my bad english...

post-540711-1261292600_thumb.png

post-540711-1261292827_thumb.png

post-540711-1295040874_thumb.png

Hi there

Just wanted to share.

I've build a Hackintosh that works out of the f****** box!!!

Not even an audio tweak. The computer sleeps, restarts, everything work as a regular mac.

Funny thing, Leopard recognizes it as a Mac Pro.

I follow the Lifehacker Guide and used the Stellarola magic installer (v3 Halloween).

After installing, I have updated to 10.6.2 with no problems at all through Software Update option.

To mention is that you better partition the HD as Mac Os Extended Journaled (not Case Sensitive)

If you set the partition to Case Sensitive, you wont be able to install Adobe Software on it.

Hardware:

- Gigabyte EP45 UD3R

- Intel Core 2 Quad Q8400

- 4 GB ram

- Nvidia GeForce 9500 GT 1 Gb

- Antec Solo case

- Samsung DVD/CD recorder

- 500 GB Western Digital Black Caviar

Regards, and sorry 4 my bad english...

post-540711-1261292600_thumb.png

post-540711-1261292827_thumb.png

Hi

Glad you had success. I'm curious though about a couple of things. Some of the acid tests for osx86. If you leave a cd or dvd in your drive for a while with no activity, does your computer freeze? I had a LiteOn drive which Apple never uses, and it would freeze up. I purchased a Sony Optiarc and the problem was solved.

Also, can you download and install Microsoft Silverllight? If so, your CPU detection is working properly.

I'm curious. If you have time to check these things, please let me know.

Pandar

<key>FixOrangeDiskIcons</key>

<string>YesPlease</string>

Hi

Where did you hear of this fix? What version of Chameleon and/or PCEFI are you using?

Pandar

• 3 months later...

What sort of work are you planning on doing with this machine? I'm interested in starting a modifying my current PC to hackintosh levels so I can edit on FCP. Would your machine handle basic FCP editing do you think?

Sure it can I have done several documentaries and short films in my two machines see the sig

What sort of work are you planning on doing with this machine? I'm interested in starting a modifying my current PC to hackintosh levels so I can edit on FCP. Would your machine handle basic FCP editing do you think?

• 1 month later...