Wow 3.3 Patch Kernel

Papimchulo

10 posts in this topic

Hi all was wondering if someone else is having an issue installing the 3.3 patch for wow. I got a vanilla installation and being running and updating wow with no problems. Today I downloaded the 3.3 patch and 5 seconds after i click the installation package for this update the machine just crashed with a kernel error. I tried 3 different sources for this update with the same results. Any ideas?

Thanks.

Found the solution.

1) Wait for the patch downloader to finish and check the patch integrity. After this finishes, your machine will kernel panic. Reboot. (see rationale at end of post)

2) Navigate to WorldofWarcraft/Patches/WoW-3.2.2-to-3.3.0-enUS-patch/ folder

3) Inside the WoW-3.2.2-to-3.3.0-enUS-patch folder there should be a few files, one of which is "Blizzard Updater"

4) Open the "Get Info" window on the Blizzard Updater file and check the box that says "Open using Rosetta".

5) Close the "Get Info" window.

6) Double-click the "Blizzard Updater" program, which should now successfully patch your WoW installation to 3.3.0.

This happens every couple patches or so............ LOL Blizzard knows this and never really fixes it. :D I felt you pain too about 4 pathches ago (on a 2MB patch)... 9 pages later on a blizzard thread topic that's what the solution was.

Thanks for posting it here :) as this will help a lot of people.

Hi all was wondering if someone else is having an issue installing the 3.3 patch for wow. I got a vanilla installation and being running and updating wow with no problems. Today I downloaded the 3.3 patch and 5 seconds after i click the installation package for this update the machine just crashed with a kernel error. I tried 3 different sources for this update with the same results. Any ideas?

Thanks.

Found the solution.

1) Wait for the patch downloader to finish and check the patch integrity. After this finishes, your machine will kernel panic. Reboot. (see rationale at end of post)

2) Navigate to WorldofWarcraft/Patches/WoW-3.2.2-to-3.3.0-enUS-patch/ folder

3) Inside the WoW-3.2.2-to-3.3.0-enUS-patch folder there should be a few files, one of which is "Blizzard Updater"

4) Open the "Get Info" window on the Blizzard Updater file and check the box that says "Open using Rosetta".

5) Close the "Get Info" window.

6) Double-click the "Blizzard Updater" program, which should now successfully patch your WoW installation to 3.3.0.

I just had the same issue today... i'll try your solution.

Ok i have to correct you here, all patch files are stored in the WOW root folder. Also instead of running Blizzard Updater with Rosseta, you have to run WoW-3.2.0.10192-to-3.3.0.10958-enGB-patch.app with Rosseta!

Thanks Papimchulo you've been very helpfull!!!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks for posting the info, Papimchulo.

As a WoW player getting ready to build my first Hackintosh, any general suggestions / considerations for WoW? I'd like to make sure I have as few issues as possible for raiding with my new rig.

I changed to OSX because of WOW crashing issues with another PC. Got new PC and Hacked it right away. I run the addons Altoholic, Bartender4, and Enchantrix from Auctioneer, and have a script error every WOW start but no other problems. I also run Mail,Ventrilo and Firefox constantly.

My frame rates in Old World 70+ everywhere but Dalaran on a busy day where it drops to 30. On the same computer with Vista 64 with the same addons and Ventrilo only, my frame rates are 50+ and 20+ respectively.

Very stable. I have converted and working on converting all my pcs.