Itunes crashes on Snow install

skyhack

10 posts in this topic

I have two AMD machines and both are running 10.6.2 and are having problems with itunes.

When I run itunes for the first time the setup wizard runs and some of the windows have no writing on them. They only have the cancel, back and next buttons displayed.

When I click on the iTunes menu bar and then click on preferences all I see is a tall gray rectangular box with the tab headings ( General / Playback / Sharing etc ). There is no writing and no settings on the general tab. If I select one of the other tabs then itunes crashes.

I have tried repairing CPUIDs using Marvin's AMD utility V.25 but the program comes up with errors after patching 32 of 34 files.

Could someone please give me some clues - I have had this fault since 10.6.0 - my 10.5.8 installations work beautifully.

• 2 weeks later...

I currently have this EXACT SAME PROBLEM! I haven't tried patching the CPUID's yet, because every other application was working just fine. I figured I'd leave well enough alone. I found some information on this page, I'll try it later and see if it resolves it:

http://osx86.boeaja.info/2009/10/cpuids-pa...r-snow-leopard/

I have two AMD machines and both are running 10.6.2 and are having problems with itunes.

When I run itunes for the first time the setup wizard runs and some of the windows have no writing on them. They only have the cancel, back and next buttons displayed.

When I click on the iTunes menu bar and then click on preferences all I see is a tall gray rectangular box with the tab headings ( General / Playback / Sharing etc ). There is no writing and no settings on the general tab. If I select one of the other tabs then itunes crashes.

I have tried repairing CPUIDs using Marvin's AMD utility V.25 but the program comes up with errors after patching 32 of 34 files.

Could someone please give me some clues - I have had this fault since 10.6.0 - my 10.5.8 installations work beautifully.

I currently have this EXACT SAME PROBLEM! I haven't tried patching the CPUID's yet, because every other application was working just fine. I figured I'd leave well enough alone. I found some information on this page, I'll try it later and see if it resolves it:

http://osx86.boeaja.info/2009/10/cpuids-pa...r-snow-leopard/

I have the exact same issue if you have found anything let me know. Thanks

E

I have the exact same issue if you have found anything let me know. Thanks

E

I'm happy to say that the problem was immediately solved!!!! iTunes 9.0.2 working perfectly. I can get to the options, add music, etc. In the link that I posted, I followed these steps exactly, which were outlined in the comments:

1. Run Marvin AMD Utility and Enter password.

2. Select options number 2 which is ” Create Patcher Package ”

3. Browse to the location of the Location you wish to patch then run it

-The locations that you want are

/System/Library/QuickTime/

and

/System/Library/Frameworks/CoreServices.frameork/Versions/A/Frameworks/CarbonCore.framework/Versions/A/

4. a folder of AMD.Patch folder will appear in Dekstop

5. Copy the file cpuid.txt out from the patch folder to another volume of hard drive.

6. Select options number 3 and uncheck the simulation mode.

7. In the select Cpuid file, browse to the folder you had copied earlier in steps 5, in the select a volume, browse to the location you wish to patch, which is you had done in steps 3

8. Run the process

9. Another log file is created.

10. Patching is Succesful and Restart your Computer..

I should note that I did each patch individually (did the quicktime folder first, quit the utility, reopened it, then did the other one, then restarted the computer). Marvin's utility would stop responding after I completed each patch, and I had to force quit it. The patches were successfully applied though. Everything is working great! I hope you get it to work, eraid

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...