Help with OSX86 for Logic Pro 9

KBPro

4 posts in this topic

Hello,

I'm very new to this whole process, and I would like to build a hackintosh for Logic Pro 9.

I won't be using any downloaded content. I have order a SL disc, and would like to find out from people that have operational Logic 9 installs.

The MBs I have picked out is a Gigabyte G41M-ES2L or Gigabyte GA-G31M-ES2L

I have been attempting to do as much research as possible, but I wanted to know if either board would be a good fit.

I have read in this section that a vanilla¿ install is the best option for Audio Application. Is this true and can someone point me in that direction?

Also, I have heard that a Presonus Firebox is an OK card for OSX86 SL. Has anyone had problems with that and logic pro 9.

Sorry for the many questions, but I don't want to purchase anything until I know I have a good fit.

Thanks for your time,

k

Hello,

I'm very new to this whole process, and I would like to build a hackintosh for Logic Pro 9.

I won't be using any downloaded content. I have order a SL disc, and would like to find out from people that have operational Logic 9 installs.

Probably not much help but I have an operational 9.0.2 install on my Dell 5150 desktop. Logic is the boxed, retail version but, although I have two retail version of OSX (Tiger & Leopard) I used Kalyway installer for OSX.

I don't have onboard sound working yet but probably won't bother as I'm using an M-Audio Ozone interface and so far I can record and playback through that. I've yet to try any external MIDI on it.

Use it on my rig here. I use USB soundcard, sound is much cleaner and it means I can use totally vanilla audio (I don't know about the card you mention but AFAIK any mac compatible USB/firewire soundcard will be osx86 compatible), I did use logic with onboard sound & VoodooHDA kext before I bough the soundcrad, but there was quite a bit of static, not noticeable using itunes but when processing sound the static gets amplified, bad news. I don't know if that static was as a result of voodoohda or the onboard circuitry, but vanilla + USB fixed it anyway, everything sounds good now.