Getting an MBP

11 posts in this topic

OK, i've decided that im getting a 15" MBP (the high-end version w/ a 100GB 7200RPM HDD). is there anything i should know or look for? for example how can i tell if i have the "whine"? and what is a good case for it that is small but has room for the power supply? thanks

I think it'll be announced at WWDC or around that time. As for why a lot of us are postulating a release near there, the new CPU to replace the Core Duo in the MBPs (codenamed Merom) is set to come out in August. :)

I heared that intel switched the merom release to end of july. (23rd as far as I know) this extra week maybe lets us see a MBP2 with merom around september, originally october was in the discussion. I would really appreciate it, as I start to hate my Bronze-Keyboard. Its nice to surf with it and use office, but the time has come to donate it to my girlfriend :D

Hi, i'm new here but hoping to get a MBP soon.

Just wanted to say thanks very much for the info -TiLT-. I hope it's true!! I'm dying to get one, but not spending that much money on a potential disaster! I hope the Merom will be everything I'm hoping for.

Fingers crossed. :)

I'm waiting for Merom - I think we'll see a lot of the bugs get worked out. B)

If Apple keeps up with their current rate of processor speed bumps and announcements, I think we'll see it in August or September.