OSX86 with VMWARE / Win XP Virtual Disk Compatibility

5 posts in this topic

Apologies for asking if this has been asked before but there is SO MUCH information here :graduated:

Running Win XP Pro on a Fujitsu Siemens M1424 Intel Centrino laptop, 1 Gig RAM, 80 Gig HDD, ATI 9600 Graphics and so on.

I use VMWARE Workstaion (Version5) for testing other O/S's (mostly different flavours of Linux).

From what I can gather (Info on his Forum) OSX86 will work under VMWARE as long as you use Daemon Tools to mount the ISO and a DEDICATED Hard Drive or partition.

As I have no easy way of adding disk drives to the laptop (and don't really feel like reformatting and partitioning the 80 Gig!) will OSX86 work with VMWARE "Virtual" Disk Drives?

Thanks in advance.

MAC OS X 10.4.6 Goatsecx.DVD iso is the best image and it's about 3.33GB. It was freely available on PB but since that problem with law enforcers I don't think you can get that easily. But try other torrents search like Demonoid.com and mininova.com etc.

I've used VMware and dtools for my Mac installation and later I've removed dtools. Doesnt give any trouble.

MAC OS X 10.4.6 Goatsecx.DVD iso is the best image and it's about 3.33GB. It was freely available on PB but since that problem with law enforcers I don't think you can get that easily. But try other torrents search like Demonoid.com and mininova.com etc.

I've used VMware and dtools for my Mac installation and later I've removed dtools. Doesnt give any trouble.

Thanks - found it. ;)

This is going to take a while, Internet slow & VERY expensive (in South Africa) with downloads of this size :(