Asus P5QC Bios

noodledog

18 posts in this topic

UPDATE 9 June 2010 - Right so the story goes you can get the files here and then figure it out for yourself. It does indeed work with the exception of HDMI audio. Audio is a little sketchy so if anyone gets anything concrete post it up... and don't upgrade to 10.6.2 if you have a HDMI monitor. There was a ton of {censored} with the HDCP on that update and I don't remember how I solved it, let alone which kexts I used.

I'm not responsible for the bios and it may or may not have a kick ass custom apple boot logo.

You have no idea how many bios combinations I tried, no idea. Literally a couple of weeks.

Put it to fast boot. :P

P5QC_Jan_2010.rar

It's a start at least. There's a lot of newer ones, maybe even a 2xxx version I saw listed. If anyone knows how to mod a bios there's 2103 out now from Asus. I'm gonna see if there's any joy with this one for Snow Leopard, as far as I can tell it may do something for me.

Thanks failurbydesign!

Noodle, do you have everything working on P5QC like onboard lan and onboard audio, sleep, restart etc. or just was able to get it installed on the board?

Hey, ok what i've done so far is get the retail install image to run off a usb hard drive. Works fine, but the install will only boot from the usb drive's Chameleon, not it's own. Apparently a DSDT patch is the answer based on my kp, but i'm confused as to why it would work off the usb bootloader and not it's own, given I installed them indentically to eachother. This problem is entirely my own lack of knowledge in the boot settings department I reckon. So until i've sorted that i'm not pressing forward with the remaining fixes. I have looked into it and ethernet support appears totally possible, but i'm not sure if it's giga. P5QC support for gigabit is questionable anyhow. Audio is ok, restart ok. If I remember, sleep will be fine too. Windows 7 Ultimate x64 booting fine from my 2nd disk.

There's no doubt this board is 100% workable, there's just so many p5q variants it's hard to tie down exact instructions for them, especially this one for some reason. I chose carefully for my build, so I reckon it's gonna be all good. I'll be doing an in-depth and highly convoluted guide for it in the next week. Basically any machine with a p5qc and an q9550 C2Q should run Snow Leopard flawlessly with minimal work. Also looking at putting together a bios flash / additional extras bootable iso for this board. It'll all be done in the next week or so, i've gotta go out of town for a few days.

• 5 weeks later...

I'm currently patching the latest bios for the P5QC, which is 2103. I'll post a guide here, if there's any successful results. I reckon there has to be an easy install for this board.

Hi there!

So what's up with 2103 SL running? Is it possible or should I try 2001?

Hope to get any answer soon, Happpy New Year, Conrad

• 2 weeks later...

Hello.

Impossible to find an old version of juzzi's bios (1406 for example) for my p5qC. Can anyone up it here??

I'd like to know how you did to make it work. I've spent the 2 lasts nights trying to get it work with four cores and never managed. :)

Whatsmore it's first time I read a thread with exactly the same configuration : p5qc + q9550 :)

Thank you!

• 4 weeks later...
Hello.

Impossible to find an old version of juzzi's bios (1406 for example) for my p5qC. Can anyone up it here??

I'd like to know how you did to make it work. I've spent the 2 lasts nights trying to get it work with four cores and never managed. :(

Whatsmore it's first time I read a thread with exactly the same configuration : p5qc + q9550 :)

Thank you!

PM me your email and i'll send you a whole pack o' goodness. I'm not sure of all the stuff, some may be against site policy... Must read up on that.

I've got 100% snowy. No SPDIF audio and hdmi is buggy. Also I don't remember if ethernet works. I think most of these were left in a 'that'll do' state by me.

And don't loose faith- my vanilla Hac is perfect. System update works a charm. It took me 6 months to get my first one going. If you're new to osx it'll bend your head a little at first, but when it makes sense it really makes sense.

I haven't been able to work on the Hac much as i'm currently involved in developing a game on modified ID Tech 4. It's just easier to use Windows. Windows 7 Ultimate is actually very very good. Probably the best OS from Micro$oft ever.

well,

the good news is, thanks to noodledog, I've installed the SL on my ASUS P5QC with Q6600!

So fassn! PM me if you need further assistance. The SL retail boots with boot cd Chameleon

and all you have to do is to switch ALL devices in BIOS settings, according to the manual.

It took me a month to find a lazy/free saturday evening and try all fixes, so I'll post the

data, screenshots and movies soon. The funny thing is I've updated bios to 2103 and

managed to boot the old Vista (installed previously on another hdd) so it's perfect now.

The only drawbacks are lack of sound and ethernet, but I'm looking for wifi-usb, any ideas?

Best, Conrad

• Like 1

Hi,

would you please share the SL installation instruction with me?

I've tried many times, but failed everytime.

Thankx

well,

the good news is, thanks to noodledog, I've installed the SL on my ASUS P5QC with Q6600!

So fassn! PM me if you need further assistance. The SL retail boots with boot cd Chameleon

and all you have to do is to switch ALL devices in BIOS settings, according to the manual.

It took me a month to find a lazy/free saturday evening and try all fixes, so I'll post the

data, screenshots and movies soon. The funny thing is I've updated bios to 2103 and

managed to boot the old Vista (installed previously on another hdd) so it's perfect now.

The only drawbacks are lack of sound and ethernet, but I'm looking for wifi-usb, any ideas?

Best, Conrad

Hey, Ive got this board running now. I'll pm you the guide and files for a retail install.

Hi Noodel,

I'm frustrated with SL installation. can you please send me the instruction ?

Thank you

• 2 months later...
Please instruct me on how to do that because I am so lost right now...

veeery simple: just download Tony osx loader and boot your snow Leo.(Google only Tony osx) The only driver you need when you'll finish is LAN kext (I don't remember the nane but I can search..)

bye Stefano. :(

• 1 month later...
veeery simple: just download Tony osx loader and boot your snow Leo.(Google only Tony osx) The only driver you need when you'll finish is LAN kext (I don't remember the nane but I can search..)

bye Stefano. ;)

As far as I know Tony OSX is for P55 boards. The P5QC is a P45, so watch out.