Calling all owners!

xomp

3 posts in this topic

I just got my Gigabyte P55-UD3R mobo and i7 CPU setup and am now in Windows 7 itching to install Snow Leopard on my 2nd Partition. However, I'm unable to boot to my Snow Leopard Retail Image that's on my USB HDD.

I'm hoping owners of this motherboard can enlighten me on how to boot via USB on this as I'm not having any luck. I have tried the front USB ports and every rear USB port with no luck. I am selecting the option to choose my boot method via F12 and have tried all the available USB Boot options (USB-CDROM, USB-HDD, USB-Floppy etc.) but nothing happens other than Windows 7 loads!

On a side note, I'm experiencing issues with my USB keyboard while in this Boot options menu. It refuses to work and the lights on it turn on/off sporadically. Only when I unplug my keyboard and re-plug it in does it appear to work to allow me to select my boot options. This behavior is not present while in the BIOS screen at all.

Any suggestions?

Cheers!

Check this out:

http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2009/11/os-...ing-retail.html

Tony has just about everything you will need. He makes the assumption that you have a working Mac already, but anyone with a fair amount of skills will be able to use this info and get a box working fast.

Once you get a basic running 10.6 install, feel free to hit me up for help from that point. I had a fair amount of troubles with my P55 / i7 box and it's now running perfectly.

Thanks for the info, he mentions setting boot priority on that site which actually got me into my install HDD where snow leopard lives :) Now I need to fix this "error finding smbios table" error I'm getting when trying to boot into the installer.

Cheers!