alc888 on 10.5.7 not working

Morphius Faydal

2 posts in this topic

I have an alc888 sound chip on a Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3L (rev 2.0) motherboard. I'm running 10.5.7 from iATKOS 7. I have tried using VoodooHDA, and this allows me to select an output device in the sound options, but under System Profiler, it doesn't show any audio devices. I have also tried using the AppleHDA option on the iATKOS disk, this gives me no options in Sound options, and no device detected in System Profiler. I have tried using AppleHDA patcher on the AppleHDA option, and this gave me a device in System Profiler.... But nothing in Sound Options. I really don't want to have to install Windows 7 again, because I really do love me some OS X... So I'm begging for some assistance. :'(

I have an alc888 sound chip on a Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3L (rev 2.0) motherboard. I'm running 10.5.7 from iATKOS 7. I have tried using VoodooHDA, and this allows me to select an output device in the sound options, but under System Profiler, it doesn't show any audio devices. I have also tried using the AppleHDA option on the iATKOS disk, this gives me no options in Sound options, and no device detected in System Profiler. I have tried using AppleHDA patcher on the AppleHDA option, and this gave me a device in System Profiler.... But nothing in Sound Options. I really don't want to have to install Windows 7 again, because I really do love me some OS X... So I'm begging for some assistance. :'(
there are plenty of posts on this and other forums on alc888 including editing the kext plist

If worst comes to worst usb speakers are a cheap option