InsanelyMac Forum
stickpin

[DSDT] Gigabyte's Motherboard's - MacPro style

I've just started using the RealtekR1000SL.kext from this thread to enable Zeroconf networking - which works pretty well - but since I've installed it, my hard drives now appear as native internal rather than hotplug sata...

As the author of RealtekR1000SL.kext, I can assure you it does nothing at all that should affect the hard drives' icons.

Mine are still orange. :thumbsup_anim:

Advertisement

Thanks Stickpin, this is a great starting point. A couple of comments, but please bear in mind that I am no expert in any of this.

I got confused that the jmicron kext was still loading despite the fact that you have removed IDE from the DSDT. Maybe this is obvious to you but it took me a while to realise that you also have to disable the "Onboard IDE contoller" in the BIOS settings.

Sleep only works when I check the "Start up automatically after power failiure" option in the energy saver preferences. (If I don't check that option my machine will turn off rather than sleeping.) Is this your experience, too? Or could this be a side effect of the CST settings I'm using?

In your DSDT you define 3 C-States. Is this for C0, C3, and C5? Do you have C2/C2E and C4/C4E disabled in your BIOS settings?

I hope this is not veering into generic speed stepping territory... Repoman, I like how you avoided duplication for _PSS and _PSD in your DSDT. However, this makes it even more obvious that you're using different C-States for the different cores. What is the reason for this?

Also, in this block:

Method (_CST, 0, NotSerialized)
{
   Return (Package (0x04)
   {
       0x03,
       Package (0x04)
       {
           ResourceTemplate ()
           {
               Register (FFixedHW,
               0x01,
               0x02,
               0x0000000000000000,,)

Shouldn't the last line read: 0x0000000000000000,0x01,)

And in the following blocks, you keep using FFixedHW when most other CST use SystemIO. I have no idea what that means but I noticed the difference. Is this intentional?

Any chance to get the apple shipped kext to work 100% by using a dsdt patch?

As the author of RealtekR1000SL.kext, I can assure you it does nothing at all that should affect the hard drives' icons.

Mine are still orange. :)

kdawg posted a very useful link to a forum in the gigabyte dsdt fix thread, I suggest you go and download the newest beta bios for ep45-ud3lr:

http://forums.tweaktown.com/f69/gigabyte-latest-bios-28441/

It will make your computer boot much faster since it has the new ahci included.

Should we remake the dsdt and re-apply the patches because of the newer bios version?

I'm using F6b (beta) BIOS and RepomanUK's dsdt file version with some changes(added GFX again, other cosmetics). All is in perfect working order - no needs for general code change.

Trying to learn what you folk are doing can u guys tell me if the links i saved is a good start to learn i know asking questions can get tedious

1. http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic.php?t=122145

2. http://acpi.sourceforge.net/

3. http://acpi.sourceforge.net/dsdt/index.php

4. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Advanced_Conf...Power_Interface

Thanks a million i hope all your configurations come out well.

Happy 2010

Justgeeking

http://www.acpi.info/spec.htm

Updated to 1.2!

Check the first post. You'll need to replace your Chameleon boot file to make all stuff working! Becareful system-id will cause you some small settings reapply, like additional languages, etc...

Enjoy! :D

Updated to 1.2!

Check the first post. You'll need to replace your Chameleon boot file to make all stuff working! Becareful system-id will cause you some small settings reapply, like additional languages, etc...

Enjoy! ;)

tried your boot file... i think yours did not have the pciroot=1 fix which will enable the graphics enabler fix to work.

I do DSDT injection, so i dont need pciroot thing.

From what i know pciroot needed only if you use efistrings... and enabler uses efistring as well...

Ill post sources later with more details about changes i made.

I do DSDT injection, so i dont need pciroot thing.

From what i know pciroot needed only if you use efistrings... and enabler uses efistring as well...

Ill post sources later with more details about changes i made.

cool. thanks. I am using the boot file you made. Anyway about the PciRoot=1 fix i have the GraphicsEnabler=yes in my com.boot.plist so without the PciRoot=1 the fix wont work. I am not using the efi strings for my gfx.

So can I use this to make the DSDT for my UD3P. I am wanting to use the lifehacker snow leopard guide and the DSDT is the only problem I have.

Stickpin,

nice work!

With version 1.2 my CPU temps are lower ~7 degrees - fantastic! Of course, i edited CPU states for my own processor (E8400) and GFX(8600GT). Thanks!

Hi,

I installed 10.6.3 and sound disappeared (HDEF injection does not seem to work with the new AppleHDA.kext).

I put my old one back and now sound works again.

Any ideas to change the dsdt to make the new HDA work again?

Apart from that everything works great.

cheers

Hi,

I installed 10.6.3 and sound disappeared (HDEF injection does not seem to work with the new AppleHDA.kext).

I put my old one back and now sound works again.

Any ideas to change the dsdt to make the new HDA work again?

Apart from that everything works great.

cheers

With 10.6.3 Apple has changed AppleHDA binary and drop support for ALC888 codec. So, for get sound with this AppleHDA version, you must to patch binary changing CodecID from ALC888(8808EC10 in hex) to ALC889(8508EC10 in hex).

See more:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...t&p=1437287

Regards.

I must say after searching far and wide this was the best solution for me! thanks so much for your work! Also to MasterChief.

I built a custom Hackintosh for merely 200€ with a Gigabyte EP45 UD3LR and running Mac OS X El Capitan on a Quad Core Q6600.

I will be making a post describing such success. The case is a recycled one form a 1995 Pentium heavily modified by me.

Thanks to this DSDT Shutdown and Sleep work perfect now, which had been the last remaining issue in this build! Got myself a perfect "Mac Pro" now! 

Thanks ever so much

post-1517295-0-34573500-1489967026_thumb.png