Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
delstam

Can't access Snow Leopard as administrator

3 posts in this topic

Hello! I'm with Snow Leopard 10.6.2 on my normal PC and I can't log in as administrator. It says that I'm logged in as administrator but I can't access my folders etc. because I don't have the sufficient privileges. Before that happened I tried to replace the new nvidia kexts with the old ones from 10.6.1 because I wanted to try whether it's possible to run 10.6.2 in 64 bit mode by replacing with the old kexts. I don't think that I've done something else. Is it possible that somehow Snow Leopard locked itself? Thank you for your help!

Advertisement

Boot from your Install DVD, use the Reset Password under Utilities the boot with -x and log in as "ROOT" with the password you created when you booted from the DVD! Reset your password for the user and do a Repair Permissions on the drive just for safety¨

SticMAC

I followed these steps, created a new account as administrator and got the administrator privileges but my GeForce 7300GT doesn't work as it's supposed to work. I've installed the 10.6.2 update again, removed the IntelCPUPowerManagement.kext file because I was getting kernel panic and still no fully working video card. I'm thinking about a new installation but if you know what I have to do I'll be very happy.

Edit: The video card works now just great. I can't get these permissions (on the account where my entire information is) though...