GA-G31M-ES2L - Boot 132 error? need help?

Ozzey

5 posts in this topic

Hi guys,

Long time hack fan but my first post, ive searched everywhere and spent over a week in google, but to no avail,

My problem is this, i burned the Retail Snow leo dmg file (with transmac first on windows 7) then tried saving as an iso and getting imgburn to burn it, both sucsessfull burns however, i downloaded the boot 132 cd for the G31M-ES2L booted to the disk got the the promt screen were u choose your boot medium, placed the leo dvd in and attempted to boot, press any key to boot the installer blah blah, so i boot the installer and pc freezes, so i do it again with the -x flag same thing so finaly i do -v and the seccond line says loading mach_kernel but just times out, does anybody have any suggestions,

i do not have access to a MAC currently nor a standard leo install disk, my flash drive is only 2gb and i dont have a usb hdd, i do have a DL burner tho :-) and some DL-RW disks, any help would be greatly aprecieated as i have spent over 2 weeks trying to get this to work, according to the forums and the HCL the mobo is capable of supporting Vanilla snow leopard , here is a complete rundown of specs

Mobo - G31M-ES2L

HDD - Seagate Baracuder Sata 500.00 Gigabytes Usable Hard Drive Capacity (ST3500418AS)

DVD - HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-H10N ATA Device [CD-ROM drive] (IDE)

CPU - 2.80 gigahertz Intel Core2 Duo

Memory - 2Gb Corsair DDR XMS2

Graphics - NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTX (Asus 768MB)

Hi guys,

Long time hack fan but my first post, ive searched everywhere and spent over a week in google, but to no avail,

My problem is this, i burned the Retail Snow leo dmg file (with transmac first on windows 7) then tried saving as an iso and getting imgburn to burn it, both sucsessfull burns however, i downloaded the boot 132 cd for the G31M-ES2L booted to the disk got the the promt screen were u choose your boot medium, placed the leo dvd in and attempted to boot, press any key to boot the installer blah blah, so i boot the installer and pc freezes, so i do it again with the -x flag same thing so finaly i do -v and the seccond line says loading mach_kernel but just times out, does anybody have any suggestions,

i do not have access to a MAC currently nor a standard leo install disk, my flash drive is only 2gb and i dont have a usb hdd, i do have a DL burner tho :-) and some DL-RW disks, any help would be greatly aprecieated as i have spent over 2 weeks trying to get this to work, according to the forums and the HCL the mobo is capable of supporting Vanilla snow leopard , here is a complete rundown of specs

Mobo - G31M-ES2L

HDD - Seagate Baracuder Sata 500.00 Gigabytes Usable Hard Drive Capacity (ST3500418AS)

DVD - HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-H10N ATA Device [CD-ROM drive] (IDE)

CPU - 2.80 gigahertz Intel Core2 Duo

Memory - 2Gb Corsair DDR XMS2

Graphics - NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTX (Asus 768MB)

I have the same board, And its working great on mine :-),

But i used the USB install methord as it seems nice and solid, look it up may help!,

Rich

Thank you guys but i do not have access to a mac or a partition with osx.. ive decided to go out and buy a usb hard drive. il do it that way it seems more people have had sucsess doing it this way anyways il keep you posted. i still dont understand why the boot132 disk loaded fine and then the osx disk times out on Loading Mach_Kernal.. but never mind