Vaio VGN-CR11S SL post install help

d2nator

5 posts in this topic

Hi All,

I've been a mac user for just over a year now and thought I would "upgrade" the wife's laptop to SL.

I am new to the hackintosh scene, so didn't know which method to use. (there seems to be quite a few) So I came across the Empire EFI boot cd. Only got v1.01 to work, 1.04 and 1.06 would crash during install.

So the install went well and I booted into SL using retail DVD. There are alot of issues though and I could do with some help.

1. there is a messed up graphics grey bar that sits along the bottom of the screen. It is just under the task bar and is annoying but doesn't really affect the desktop usablity but does need fixed. I tried to change screen resolution, its on 1280x768 and native is 1280x800 but there is no option for this, I am assuming thats the problem but don't know how to change it.

2. there is no sound or wifi, this was not a surprise as I've read that this doesn't work without a fix.

3. When I select "about this mac" the screen changes to a light blue for a few seconds then it changes back to desktop and the system info is not displayed.

4. After empire efi install I rebooted as instructions and removed empire cd. SL boots up fine but the keyboard no longer works!!! If I boot up with empire cd in drive and select osx from empire menu then SL boots up and keyboard works!! Strange and annoying.

5. Trackpad doesn't work, usb mouse works fine.

If anyone has this laptop running on 10.5 or 10.6, or if anyone has a better method of install that would remove some of these faults then please let me know.

I have tried the sites search function but it doesn't work too well.

Laptop spec:

Sony Vaio VGN-CR11S

Intel Core 2 Duo T7100

Intel Graphics Media Accelerator (GMA) X3100

Display:14.1 inch, 16:10, 1280x800 pixels

Hi All,

I've been a mac user for just over a year now and thought I would "upgrade" the wife's laptop to SL.

I am new to the hackintosh scene, so didn't know which method to use. (there seems to be quite a few) So I came across the Empire EFI boot cd. Only got v1.01 to work, 1.04 and 1.06 would crash during install.

So the install went well and I booted into SL using retail DVD. There are alot of issues though and I could do with some help.

1. there is a messed up graphics grey bar that sits along the bottom of the screen. It is just under the task bar and is annoying but doesn't really affect the desktop usablity but does need fixed. I tried to change screen resolution, its on 1280x768 and native is 1280x800 but there is no option for this, I am assuming thats the problem but don't know how to change it.

2. there is no sound or wifi, this was not a surprise as I've read that this doesn't work without a fix.

3. When I select "about this mac" the screen changes to a light blue for a few seconds then it changes back to desktop and the system info is not displayed.

4. After empire efi install I rebooted as instructions and removed empire cd. SL boots up fine but the keyboard no longer works!!! If I boot up with empire cd in drive and select osx from empire menu then SL boots up and keyboard works!! Strange and annoying.

5. Trackpad doesn't work, usb mouse works fine.

If anyone has this laptop running on 10.5 or 10.6, or if anyone has a better method of install that would remove some of these faults then please let me know.

I have tried the sites search function but it doesn't work too well.

Laptop spec:

Sony Vaio VGN-CR11S

Intel Core 2 Duo T7100

Intel Graphics Media Accelerator (GMA) X3100

Display:14.1 inch, 16:10, 1280x800 pixels

Been working on this for the last few hours, managed to change resolution to 1280x800 with SwitchResX program.

Screen display now fine. Still no update on other problems

What version of SwitchResX did you use ?

I used http://www.madrau.com/switchres/SwitchResX.zip

It says its shareware and only lasts 10 days, though when I uninstalled it the 1280x800 is still left as an option in system preferences, I'll let you know in 10 days I guess. Though if you were on a torrent site you may find another version.

Hope that helps.