Help with sound

deltadog03

6 posts in this topic

Hey everyone, I hope all is good!

I finally got kalyway 10.5.1 to install and it runs REALLY good! However, I have no sound. nothing from speakers. I have the volume icon on the top of my screen and my speakers are all the way up and nada. I go under my system info and under the sound driver area and see nothing. says no onboard sound. So, I am very puzzled. I am DEF. new to the mac world and I appologize for this. I am sure its been asked before, but searching this has been a pain. I need the help of doing what? kext? I did download the applehda patcher v1.2, but what do I do with that? It says drag linux code dump into there. where is the code dump? Thanks for the upcoming help! I truely appreciate it!

Chris

Thanks for the help!! I finally got something under my audio now. Nothing showing realtek tho! I still don't have any sound out of the speakers... How do I do a code dump? Or what do I need to get music flowing? The ALC883 codec stuff to patch into the patch program?

Intel High Definition Audio:

Device ID: 0x1458A002

Audio ID: 12

Available Devices:

Headphone:

Connection: 1/8 inch Jack

Speaker:

Connection: Internal

Line In:

Connection: 1/8 inch Jack

S/P-DIF In:

Connection: Optical

S/P-DIF Out:

Connection: Optical

Microphone:

Connection: Internal

I did manage to get to show up in the menu now. However still NADA coming out of the speakers. Anything I am doing wrong?