VoodooPowerMini 1.2.4 for 10.6.x

Superhai

26 posts in this topic

Version 1.2.49 - Corrected some small bugs.

Version 1.2.46 - Snow leopard only (32/64 bit). Some small code changes to make it compile and work under 1.6.x, no major bugfixes done.

Mini Edition

This is a kext for Intel Enhanced Speedstep.

Downloads, and support is to be done at http://www.superhai.com/

Doesn't work?

There is some options in the Info.plist you can change, and might make it work better for you. Check the old manual for VoodooPower for some explanations VoodooPower Manual

You can post bug report at the forum. No good to post it here, if it is worth reporting do it properly. Bugs will be fixed for the 1.3.x release.

It is not necessary to repost bugs already reported on forum or in Google Code.

System Requirements?

• Intel Pentium M/4/D
    Intel Core (2) Quad/Duo/Solo
    Intel Atom
  • Apple "Vanilla" Kernel 10.6.x (Darwin Kernel 10.x)

Any ideas for improvements? Tell me

Thanks to oldnapalm and marionez for testing.

MY Acer 2902z

intel Pentium Dual-Core 2.0ghz(T3200)

install this kext can't be autostep

edit info.plist for profile, the profile switch work, but mhz always on low.

voodoopower 1.2.3 is good for me ,

i am waiting for 64 ver voodoopower.

• 2 months later...

works perfectly (so far :D ) here on my L9400, hazard 10.6.2, vanilla 64bit kernel.. thanks superhai you are the best please keep your work going! ;):D

bye!

EDIT: anyone knows if there is a voodoo sdhci kext available for snow leo 64 bit? I can't find it and I can not enter the voodoo project website.. it says I am banned.. dunno why... :?

I just tried this VoodooPowerMini kext and now CPU-X shows the "Core Speed" as fluctuating between 798 and 1995 MHz for my Core Duo T2450.

Without that kext, CPU-X showed a constant 798 MHz. I verified that when I used CPU-Z under Vista that the "Core Speed" was also fluctuating.

So, I guess it works for me and am glad to have found this. :)

Can somebody help to clarify what the difference is between VoodooPowerMini and VoodooPowerAcpi? Or maybe help point me to a URL that already discusses the differences? Or are they for different purposes?

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

What are the best VoodooPowerMini settings that minimize CPU speed and power consumption? I feel that battery life under osx is considerably shorter than in win (2 vs 4 hours). I have Lenovo G550 notebook.

• 5 months later...
  • 6 months later...
You don't need of VoodooPowerMini.kext

The Speedstep works with new Chameleon http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=225766

add this in com.apple.boot.plist :

<key>DropSSDT</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GenerateCStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GeneratePStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>

bye ^^

Yeah... Chameleon is the super, but anyway thanks Superhai ! ;)

Yep, but be warned that the mVolts (for CPU) generated by the autogen maybe to low, if you OCed the CPU!

For me, i must stay using own DSDT p-States with higher cpu mVolts in each step, otherwise i get KP ore freezes.

Same happens if i set the dsdt mVolts to low (as low as the great P-State generated the mVolts).

Yep, but be warned that the mVolts (for CPU) generated by the autogen maybe to low, if you OCed the CPU!

For me, i must stay using own DSDT p-States with higher cpu mVolts in each step, otherwise i get KP ore freezes.

Same happens if i set the dsdt mVolts to low (as low as the great P-State generated the mVolts).

Thanks for warning mitch_de!