Broadcom 4315 - Snow Leopard

efegue

9 posts in this topic

i have the same card, working flawlessly here.

i used this guide.

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=44114

you may need to repair permissions or force it to reload all the kexts at bootup. (i believe you use -f in terminal for that)

Note: if you are not sure how to repair permissions.. simply use Kext Helper b7. make the edits in thread mentioned above, then throw in one of the kexts you already have working.. like VoodooHDA or whatever kext you are using into Kext Helper b7 and install that. re-start. and you should be all set.

i used this guide.

you may need to repair permissions or force it to reload all the kexts at bootup. (i believe you use -f in terminal for that)

Note: if you are not sure how to repair permissions.. simply use Kext Helper b7. make the edits in thread mentioned above, then throw in one of the kexts you already have working.. like VoodooHDA or whatever kext you are using into Kext Helper b7 and install that. re-start. and you should be all set.

I tried that before (except the network interfaces), but it doesn't get loaded.. nothing shows up in NetworkInterfaces.plist :(

I only have ethernet card there. I don't know what else to try!

• 1 month later...

i used this guide.

are you sure? your dell wifi card is 1395 according to your signature but here we are talking about brcm 4315.

Does any have this card working under snow leopard? I've already tried adding the ID to the info.plist of AppleAirPortBrcm4311.kext but with no success, nothing shows up!

Any help/tip/clue?

Greets! :(

i cannot even adding the id to the info.plist. anyhow, this card just won't work. i ordered a dell dw1490. hey, do you know if i could simply insert dw 1490 into an open mini pcie slot on the back of my gateway lt2005u, or do i have to swap out brcm 4315 first. good luck for us.

thanks for posting the topic

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
I have the same Wlan Card under SL 10.6.2

Its working Perfect and is detected as 3rd Party Airport Card!

Try this Kext

This kext doesn't work, I couldn't boot with it at all in order to to enable my BCM4315 on snow leopard.

But it adds a new feature to the system: a total freeze that make system stop booting, great for patience improving.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Checking on the status of this thread. Any updates?

Running an Acer 5610Z with SL 10.6.4 (updated via Apple update from 10.6.2 iATKOS S3 DVD). I have the Broadcom BCM4306. According to lspci, the PC-ID for this card is 14E4:4320.

Does anyone have this card working with SL? If so, can you detail how you got it to work?

Thanks, all.

DRD2