Weird results when growing partition with Ghost.

Mirko

1 post in this topic

I have 2 hard drives. One of them is 1tb and has Windows / Ubuntu and a grub bootloader.

The second one, 500gb, was formatted at 320 gb NTFS for data, 40 gb HFS+ and the rest EXT3 for Debian, which I quit.

I managed to install J.A.S. 10.5.4 in the second drive, on 40gb. It worked perfectly. Haven't upgraded because I have a Radeon HD3870 and it's the latest distro that recognizes it as a real video card.

The latest grub installed by Ubuntu 9.10 recognized the hackintosh on the second HD and created a working entry for it.

I tried fruitlessly to resize it via gparted, Partition Magic and others. I found the solution of using Ghost to clone it, create a new one and then clone it back. The info said something like size: 40, used: 27, free: 13. I created the image, erased the partition and created a new one (100 gb) then I cloned it back. To my surprise, it said this - size 100, used 27, free 13.

I booted the OSX and it still said the same. I decided to wipe it out and reinstall from my J.A.S. DVD, but somehow I couldn't reproduce the configuration and after 4 attempts it couldn't boot. So I decided to clone the partition back and it booted as before. Still, it keeps saying (Get Info) that my partition is about 100gb, 27gb full and 13gb free. The 50gb it's grown don't appear anywhere.

What can I do about it? Thanks.