HD 4530 Issue

bboyg

21 posts in this topic

Is anyone knows a working kext or pkg for the HD 45x0 series? The OS is Snow Leopard 10.6. With the X2000 kext the screen returns to real mess or comes a white screen :( When boot at safe mode and remove the X2000 kext, can boot only in 1024x768. The "Graphics Mode" boot flag does not work and comes the white screen again. Tried to use the Netkas boot file, but when replace it with the original boot in "/" the hole system brake down at start up and the PC is restarting right after the start. Any clues how to make this card working?

• 2 weeks later...
Is anyone knows a working kext or pkg for the HD 45x0 series? The OS is Snow Leopard 10.6. With the X2000 kext the screen returns to real mess or comes a white screen :( When boot at safe mode and remove the X2000 kext, can boot only in 1024x768. The "Graphics Mode" boot flag does not work and comes the white screen again. Tried to use the Netkas boot file, but when replace it with the original boot in "/" the hole system brake down at start up and the PC is restarting right after the start. Any clues how to make this card working?

Hey bboyg,

I've got the same card as you do (the 4530). Apparently, we can forget about native CI/QE support. However, I did get the native resolution (which is 1366x768) to work. I used "RadeonHD.kext". Important note is: you have to disable the Natit.kext by either removing it or renaming it to a non-kext extension.

Hope this works for you. If not, don't hesitate to ask ;)

EtHeO

RadeonHD.kext.zip

EtHeO18, what system are you running? Cause I have the same card and need to get the same resolution, but I'm on 10.5.2 so will this kext work for me or do I have to upgrade to snow leopard?

Please help me with this I've been trying to get a good resolution for days now without success, I was about to give up until I saw your post!!!

EtHeO18, what system are you running? Cause I have the same card and need to get the same resolution, but I'm on 10.5.2 so will this kext work for me or do I have to upgrade to snow leopard?

Please help me with this I've been trying to get a good resolution for days now without success, I was about to give up until I saw your post!!!

Hey justry,

I'm running 10.5.8. I've got no idea whether it would work on 10.5.2. You could just try it, and if it would boot, just remove the kext again. Make sure to fix the permissions on the kext though :rolleyes:

EtHeO

Nope. Didn't work. After I rebooted I still had 1024x768 with no other options. I think I saw that kext you posted before and the post said you had to upgrade to 10.5.5. So I'm downloading the combo pack now.

Fingers crossed...

Ok, quick question...

I updated to 10.5.3, updating now to 10.5.4, but I've got something to ask first:

If my card shows up like this in the system profiler, doesn't that mean it's recognized?

picture1jt.png

So why isn't it working?

Ok updated to 10.5.5....

Now everything's broken!!!!

Resolution didn't get any higher, and now ps2 keyboard's not working, sound is not working, and the machine won't shut down, hard disk shuts off but the loading screen just stays there.

I managed to fix the keyboard with this kext: ApplePS2kexts_10.5.6.ready.zip

But I can't get the sound card to work. It's a built in sound device using realtek ACL888. I tried the AppleHDA.kext and HDAenabler.kext which i used before successfully in 10.5.2 but now they don't work. I also tried HDApatcher which never worked for me before and did not work this time either.

God I'm so tired of everything breaking all the time like this.

Can anyone help please?! I've googled my eyes out but still haven't found anything useful.

Ok something weird:

When i use the graphics mode kernel flag in boot.plist to increase the resolution to 1280x1024 it works, but when I change it to 1366x768 it reverts back to the default 1024x768. My lines are still in boot.plist, but they're not working!!! Why is that???

Ok I figured that out now, the VESA modes of the BIOS don't support widescreen.

So, EtHeO18, how do did you manage to change the resolution? I mean does leopard just pick up your monitor's resolution automatically? or do you have to do it manually somehow? And do you see resolution choices in the "displays" preferences?

And that kext you used, did you install it after you updated to 10.5.8 or before? I just want to know what system it's compatible with...

Sorry for bugging you man!!

Ok I figured that out now, the VESA modes of the BIOS don't support widescreen.

So, EtHeO18, how do did you manage to change the resolution? I mean does leopard just pick up your monitor's resolution automatically? or do you have to do it manually somehow? And do you see resolution choices in the "displays" preferences?

And that kext you used, did you install it after you updated to 10.5.8 or before? I just want to know what system it's compatible with...

Sorry for bugging you man!!

No problem :(

I installed iAtkos v7 on my laptop (hp dv6 1230ed) which automatically installed a 10.5.8 system. Then, after trying some tweaks and hacks, I found the kext I posted. It should work when Natit and other injectors are not present, and will NOT work when they are.

I tried inserting my monitor data (can't recall the technical term) without testing the kext without that data, but it failed. Then, I reverted to the original kext and Presto! it worked. The resolution was a grand 1366x768 :)

I've been thinking about trying netkas' new driver (http://netkas.org/?p=284) but that has too big of a screw-up possibility for me. Gonna try it with a totally fresh install. Whenever I can find the time...

EtHeO out...

HELPPPPP!!!

I got the same problem!

I installed iATKOS v7 at Dell New Studio 14. But I can only enter Mac OS with command -v -x.

I know it's the HD 4530's problems.

RaedonHD.kext has been places in s/l/e, but it seems doesn't work...

and I don't find natit.kext.

So what should I do? I don't wanna enter leopard's safe mode everytime...

HELPPPPP!!!

I got the same problem!

I installed iATKOS v7 at Dell New Studio 14. But I can only enter Mac OS with command -v -x.

I know it's the HD 4530's problems.

RaedonHD.kext has been places in s/l/e, but it seems doesn't work...

and I don't find natit.kext.

So what should I do? I don't wanna enter leopard's safe mode everytime...

Ebony, Remove the AtiRadeonX1000.kext as well. Somehow, it has priority over RadeonHD.kext.

EtHeO out...

Hi!

I have installed iAtkos v7 on a HP dv7 2110 which has a mobility HD4530 like you.

When I am in chameleon at boot screen I can't press F8 for typing boot flag

and when i boot in Mac OS x I have grey screen with pixels...

Is it because my selection of driver is bad or because I have to add the radeonhd.Kext with the terminal in the live Cd

(I have already try 8 times to install it, and no screen of welcome..)

Thank you!

Hi!

I have installed iAtkos v7 on a HP dv7 2110 which has a mobility HD4530 like you.

When I am in chameleon at boot screen I can't press F8 for typing boot flag

and when i boot in Mac OS x I have grey screen with pixels...

Is it because my selection of driver is bad or because I have to add the radeonhd.Kext with the terminal in the live Cd

(I have already try 8 times to install it, and no screen of welcome..)

Thank you!

Hey man,

Have you tried removing all ATI kexts? That should get you an initial image. With the RadeonHD.kext in place you might even be able to select the resolution in the display preference panel

EtHeO out...

• 10 months later...
EtHeO18 thanks for a kext :) it works under 10.5.7 on My HP DV7 and I'm searching for method how to add Quartz Extreme...

Yeah, me too. Seems to me that we have a way to get QE/CI on Snow, but the framebuffer is lacking. In other words, we're unable to connect the monitor. Maybe somebody who has more knowledge of the than me, can combine these two (the kext which has the framebuffer if I'm not mistaking, and the GPU chip kext)