Make Snow Leo use KiB

lc31c

3 posts in this topic

As we know Windows defines KB as 1024bytes. In reality KB is 1000Bytes. Snow Leo defines KB properly with 1000Bytes. KiB is 1024Bytes

So my question is, is there any way to make the system use KiB instead of KB to show file sizes. Im working with different files that are from Windows and while the difference is small I still need snow Leo to use KiB

THERE is a thing out there that makes the computer calculate the values incorrectly and show KB as 1024 in SL but rather than making my Mac calculate KB as 1024 id like to use KiB

The incorrect way: http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=777991 I dont want to use.

In case anyone is too border to read all that:How can I make my 10.6.1 Show file sizes in KiB rather than in KB. Where KB=1000 KiB=1024.

Thanks

just for clarity sake, I believe the the "KB" you are referring to should be kB which equals 1000 bytes. I think anyways, if i'm wrong just totally ignore this.

Both KiB and KB are 1024, they are just different designations give by different "standards."

In the USA KB an kB are more common than KiB....