Ironing out some SL bugs

J.B

1 post in this topic

Ok then, a long story short i had a kalyway leopard install dual booting with XP a while ago, it had many problems so for a while i just left it. I eventually got an SL upgrade disc (legally) and after a little of trial and error have it working basically, pretty sure i made up my own method to get there as well, but thtat doesn't matter...

anyway, i have grub as a bootloader installed on the primary partition in windows and that links to an EFI (v10.5) in an ext3 partition, which in turn leads to the HFS+ partition and that worked for Leopard

Now that i have SL, that method no longer work and i get a kernel panic, booting in verbose the 2 things thtat cath my eye the most are 1. something about DSDT.aml (which i couldn't find in my mac anywhere and tried to make my own, but still doesn't seem to have worked) and 2. "cpu 1 has no hpet assigned to it" which is at the point i think it panics, this is the same for safe mode boot up i think

The only way i can boot into it is by booting into the RebelEFI CD, and then choosing Mac from there, which i don't want to do as the disc must always be into do this, so i need help with the following things:

1. ability to boot using my normal method

2. fixing the sound (Realtek chipset)

3. Installing graphics drivers (nVidia 9500GT 1GB)

4. if i leave SL running by itself for a long time, the keyboard and mouse stop responding and i have to restart, how do i fix this?

there are probably more, i just can't remember them right now but i will add them when i remember

the last big probelm i have it that every time i boot up now, at POST it says "CMOS checksum error - defaults loaded"

it says this even after they have been loaded before, and i just can't figure it out

I would appreciate any help with this, thanks! If there are any details needed or questions please just ask and i will answer to the best of my ability

SPECS:

Gigabyte 8I945GZME-RH Motherboard

Intel Core 2 Duo E6400

nVidia Geforce 9500GT

Realtek HD sound Chipset

EDIT: i have a trial of macdrive installed on windows for a few days if that can help, thanks!