Specs are:

1.3GHz Intel Pentium Processor SU4100

3GB (1x2GB, 1x1GB) RAM320GB 5400rpm Hard Drive

Intel GMA 4500MHD Graphics

11.6" LED Backlit Widescreen Display

Integrated Webcam and Microphone

Bluetooth 2.1+EDR802.11b/g/n Wi-FiWindows 7 Home Premium (64-bit)3.1 lb

Does the 4500MHD graphics card work??

How about the Intel Penitum SU4100 (couldnt find this mentioned anywhere)

But this is definatly the ultimate dual core 11.6" "netbook" and would be even more awesome if i can get snow leopard on this bad boy. Please tell me if this is compatible and if possible instructions on how to hackintosh it...? please?

And if (hopefully) you can get this to work (if not tell me what isnt compatible and possible fixes), will i be able to get 64 bit snow leopard on it or would that be too risky?

• 2 weeks later...
Specs are:

1.3GHz Intel Pentium Processor SU4100

3GB (1x2GB, 1x1GB) RAM320GB 5400rpm Hard Drive

Bluetooth 2.1+EDR802.11b/g/n Wi-FiWindows 7 Home Premium (64-bit)3.1 lb

Does the 4500MHD graphics card work??

How about the Intel Penitum SU4100 (couldnt find this mentioned anywhere)

But this is definatly the ultimate dual core 11.6" "netbook" and would be even more awesome if i can get snow leopard on this bad boy. Please tell me if this is compatible and if possible instructions on how to hackintosh it...? please?

And if (hopefully) you can get this to work (if not tell me what isnt compatible and possible fixes), will i be able to get 64 bit snow leopard on it or would that be too risky?

I've been trying to get it working on mine, keyboard/trackpad doesn't work, have tried the voodoo, alsomething glide, methods etc.

So far what I do know works is:

Audio

• 1 month later...
I've been trying to get it working on mine, keyboard/trackpad doesn't work, have tried the voodoo, alsomething glide, methods etc.

So far what I do know works is:

Audio

Its been a few months since used 10.6 retail Disc Snow Leopard.

I just updated to 10.6.3 v1.1 and the new security update. Below are the items working.

USB Harddisk Bootup.

Using Chameleon 2.0 RC3 (RC4 dont let me have onboard keyboard and trackpad)

SD reader = working

video = default one (patched with 3100fb for native resolution but having mouse cursor problem)

Audio = patched with voodoohda

Mic = patched with voodoohda

keyboard = patched see above

trackpad = patched see above

battery meter = patched with voodoo battery

wifi = no (using usb one first)

bluetooth = working out of the box

ethernet = not tested

hdmi = not tested

vga out = not tested

Sleep = working (Sleep enable for 10.6.3)

Now i just waiting for the QE/CI thingy to be working. I m hoping someone can get the new kext from 10.6.3v1.1 working.

This will be a very nice mobile pc to bring ard.

• 3 weeks later...
I just installed retail 10.6 snow leo disc on my 1810TZ on dual boot. Below are the things that work out of the box.

SD reader = working

video = default one (patched with 3100fb for native resolution)

keyboard = patched

trackpad = patched

ethernet = no

hdmi = not tested

vga out = not tested

overall bench mark is 80 which all these problems and i m running it over a USB external drive.

sounds great! i´m thinking of getting one too, the atom in my netbook is really pissing me off

I just installed retail 10.6 snow leo disc on my 1810TZ on dual boot. Below are the things that work out of the box.

SD reader = working

video = default one (patched with 3100fb for native resolution)

keyboard = patched

trackpad = patched

ethernet = no

hdmi = not tested

vga out = not tested

overall bench mark is 80 which all these problems and i m running it over a USB external drive.

Maybe some updates on your project? :P

Is Wifi working? Video-Out?

keyboard = patched

trackpad = patched

ethernet = no

@Juz

Working Out of Box but being patched seems to be a contradiction to me. What patch for KB and Trackpad please?

Which ethernet and Wifi does the 1810TZ have as it may be possible to get them working?

http://forums.anandtech.com/showthread.php?t=329562

This should be interesting. There apparently is no real difference between 1410 and 1810, when i got it right, the 1410 is the U.S./Canadian Version of the 1810, which is the european version. I'm looking forward to get one those too. Apple is in my opinion really missing out the 12'inch, ultra portable, but usable (no atom cpu) and affordable netbook-market.

@mods: i don't know if i'm allowed to post links to other forums, if not, pls delete my post!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi!

I just started getting interested in osx86 since I've just ordered an Aspire 1410 with the dual core.

So as far as I have read here and elsewhere, it's going to work basically with some restrictions (I ordered a dell 1395 wifi and a 10.6 retail version as well...). My question:

Which method did you use for installation? I don't have access to a running mac system, so I would like to use the PC-start method described in the OSX86 wiki. Can anyone tell me, if that's likely to be going to work?

And: How can I preserve the existing Windows 7, since I would like to have a dual-boot option. Certainly I will do a partition backup, so it'll be easy to restore in worst case...

Many thanks in advance for any reply!

• 1 month later...
Hi!

I just started getting interested in osx86 since I've just ordered an Aspire 1410 with the dual core.

So as far as I have read here and elsewhere, it's going to work basically with some restrictions (I ordered a dell 1395 wifi and a 10.6 retail version as well...). My question:

Which method did you use for installation? I don't have access to a running mac system, so I would like to use the PC-start method described in the OSX86 wiki. Can anyone tell me, if that's likely to be going to work?

And: How can I preserve the existing Windows 7, since I would like to have a dual-boot option. Certainly I will do a partition backup, so it'll be easy to restore in worst case...

Many thanks in advance for any reply!

I m using a retail Dvd disk installation using chameleon 2.0 rc3 to bootup on SD card first then install the chameleon 2.0 rc3 onto the USB harddisk which i ran OSX.

if i want win7 i just dont plug in the harddisk.

@Methanoid

i m using voodoops2 controller and trackpad. (i think chameleon 2.0 rc4 got problem with these kext hence i downgrade to 2.0 rc3)

anyway i just updated my first post at the top. I m running 10.6.3v1.1 with the security patch update too. running smoother then 10.6.0.

Now just waiting for 4500HD kext to be ready.

Update: Got 4500HDM working at native and no mouse artifact on 10.6.3 now with the kext provide by Killa Aaron

delete the entire gmax3100 set in in extensions and use this one

regards

Juz

• 1 month later...

Hello

i tried to install with my hack and 10.6 retail.

i succeed, but one 1st reboot i'm stucked at this

WARNING : ACPI_SMC_Ctrlloop::intCPUCtrlLoop - no sub-config match for MacBookPro4,1 with 2-p-states, using stepper instead...

can some one link me to a guide for our netbook ?

or tell me with way he installed it.

Its been a few months since used 10.6 retail Disc Snow Leopard.

I just updated to 10.6.3 v1.1 and the new security update. Below are the items working.

USB Harddisk Bootup.

Using Chameleon 2.0 RC3 (RC4 dont let me have onboard keyboard and trackpad)

SD reader = working

video = default one (patched with 3100fb for native resolution but having mouse cursor problem)

keyboard = patched see above

trackpad = patched see above

ethernet = not tested

hdmi = not tested

vga out = not tested

Sleep = working (Sleep enable for 10.6.3)

Now i just waiting for the QE/CI thingy to be working. I m hoping someone can get the new kext from 10.6.3v1.1 working.

This will be a very nice mobile pc to bring ard.

I would like to know if did you use any special KEXT to get sleep working, I do not get sleep working with the same config than yours.

Thanks in advance

• 4 months later...