superviza

HP Mini 311 - Support Questions/Requests

1,497 posts in this topic

Maybe I'm missing something, but the I cannot find the instructions. If by Project media, you mean H4, is it in the iso itself? Would I have to mount it? I'm probably missing something.

Advertisement
Maybe I'm missing something, but the I cannot find the instructions. If by Project media, you mean H4, is it in the iso itself? Would I have to mount it? I'm probably missing something.

Have a look :-)

You could have just opened it since you are already suspecting that is where it is based on my comment about the release media... It's only 5MB (2.2 zipped)... Would only take a second to open...

Not being smart here... Just logical... Hope that helps.. Yes it is in there and I spent a great deal of time on this release...

Nice goatee proto!

Thanks for your great work on this project! Curiosity question: how did you manage to reduce the size from over 100MB to 5MB from the initial release to HF4?

Side question: For installing Win7 on a new system (or after a reinstall) I suppose we can just split the hard drive during the OS X installation since you've removed Boot Camp, yes?

Nice goatee proto!

Thanks for your great work on this project! Curiosity question: how did you manage to reduce the size from over 100MB to 5MB from the initial release to HF4?

Side question: For installing Win7 on a new system (or after a reinstall) I suppose we can just split the hard drive during the OS X installation since you've removed Boot Camp, yes?

Just use Disk Utility to format your Windows partition as FAT32 and then use the Windows 7 disk to format the FAT32 partition again as NTFS, then it'll let you install to it.

Working 100% for me & installing 7 as we speak (managed to wipe my entire HDD by typing the wrong thing into terminal :thumbsup_anim:)

Note: you need an actual Windows 7 DVD, not the HP Recovery BS they provide you with. The Windows key on the sticker works if you activate via phone. I suggest installing via USB Flash Drive, there's plenty of guides of how to do so on Google. If your DVD is not Home Premium, you need to remove ei.cfg (google for this as well). Also, KEEP IN MIND THAT INSTALLING WINDOWS WILL REMOVE THE CHAMELEON BOOTLOADER FROM YOUR HDD - but the good thing is if you have USB with Chameleon on it you can just boot back into OS X and just reinstall it via the .pkg provided in the OP. Good luck!

edit: use this if you run into trouble: http://mymacbookmini.com/guides/hp-mini-31...indows-7-guide/

Have a look :-)

You could have just opened it since you are already suspecting that is where it is based on my comment about the release media... It's only 5MB (2.2 zipped)... Would only take a second to open...

Not being smart here... Just logical... Hope that helps.. Yes it is in there and I spent a great deal of time on this release...

My problem was I was using a windows computer which doesn't natively mount iso files. :D A program such as daemon tools is required for those who do not have a mac/hackintosh before installation.

Install Related: I already have snow leopard installed using GA and then upgraded to H1. Using your other guide I installed 7 via boot camp...will installing the h4 render my windows partition unbootable?

One more thing, if I want to add to my Windows Partition, how do I go about doing that?

Thanks theproto, you've done pretty much all the work for the HP 311 and one blog hasn't mentioned your work yet :thumbsup_anim:

Hi!

I have big problems getting OSX to work on my Mini 311. I'm actually stuck at the "making-a-working-bootable-usb" stage". The problem is that all guides and instructions I have found so far are based on OSX, and I only have acces to windows.

Any hints?

Hi!

I have big problems getting OSX to work on my Mini 311. I'm actually stuck at the "making-a-working-bootable-usb" stage". The problem is that all guides and instructions I have found so far are based on OSX, and I only have acces to windows.

Any hints?

Hi, if you dont have access OS X software yet, making a USB bootable install, would be very complicated to do. Do you have a Mac OS X 10.6 Retail "copy"? You can search for it in the usual corners. and burn the new HF4 iso onto a disc. With these 2 discs you can start your OS X install if you only have access to Windows.

If you must use USB install, look up Netbook Installer method. works great too.

Let me know if this cleared up some things for you.

Hello, can anybody shine some light on this?

-----------------"Hi guys! Sorry for my english, it's very bad, but I try to describe how my ploblem with Broadcomm BCM4312 (14e4:4315) was solved.

I have another laptop - Fujitsu-Siemens V3205. Wi-Fi card is DELL Wireless 1395 MINI with Broadcomm BCM4312 (HP mini have the same). In Leopard 10.5.8 it's works fine, but in Snow Leopard 10.6.2 doesn't recognized. So I put inject in DSDT:"----------------

Hello, can anybody shine some light on this?

-----------------"Hi guys! Sorry for my english, it's very bad, but I try to describe how my ploblem with Broadcomm BCM4312 (14e4:4315) was solved.

I have another laptop - Fujitsu-Siemens V3205. Wi-Fi card is DELL Wireless 1395 MINI with Broadcomm BCM4312 (HP mini have the same). In Leopard 10.5.8 it's works fine, but in Snow Leopard 10.6.2 doesn't recognized. So I put inject in DSDT:"----------------

results up on the scrin

My mini 311 already shipped today, now I install SL and try to enable Wi-Fi by myself. Results of testing I will post later

Could anyone run HPB189 and then dump his/her DMI using "L" or HPBQ189 --savetofile? Please send me the ESCD.DAT

I still have some missing values in mine, and BIOS F12 or greater look for them. (F04 wasn't)

It would be a good occasion to unleash DX10 by using the "Vista String" : Press "G" then choose Vista OS. Thank's in advance

Anyone? It seems dump must be done before flashing to F13

Nice goatee proto!

Yeah, I like to "update" my avatar once and a while... Sporting a bit more fur lately to keep warm in this cold northern US climate.

The boot CD is now booting the kernel from the install CD and is no longer using pre-built extension caches (those could get quite hefty).

With the latest developments from meklort we no longer need to distribute a kernel in the install install package either.

This along with removing a few other pieces also brought us into licensing compliance and I believe a more consistent/elegant/reliable install process.

To partition the drive you can use the "Disk Utility" to shrink your Mac OS partition and create a Windows partition.

I have the USB installer updated to HF4, but MediaFire must be doing some kind of maintenance or something, I can't upload. Will announce when the file is uploaded.

Okay, finally got it uploaded. The file is located here. Again, if you already have your system running there is no need to use the full installer method. Just download and install the latest hot fix from here.

As always, if you have any problems with the USB installer, let me know. Thanks!

Been awhile since I used DSDTSE, but I believe you have to save it as a DSL file and then compile back to an AML file. This may have been changed in a later version, but if you save it an it has the file extension of DSL then you need to compile back into an AML file. HTH

Hi Guys

I am looking to triple boot. I am just abit confused, but here is what I have:

160GB HDD running purely this Hackintosh install and the standard boot loader this this thread

320GB HDD running Linux Ubuntu NBR (Netbook Remix) and Windows 7 using the latest grub bootloader

I have set aside 60GB on the 320GB HDD for my current hackhintosh setup and I have a few questions.

1: is there a bootloader that will handle Mac OS 10.6, Linux and Windows 7?

2: can I somehow "copy my hackintosh install on the 160GB hdd, to the 60GB partition on the 320GB drive?

3: How would I then tell the bootloader to rescan the partitions for OS's?

Any help and or things to try out will be appriciated and I will report back

Noob question:

Can I install HF4 over my working SL + HF3 installation? Or can i just stick with HF3? Changelog sounds more like a 'legal' update :)

Noob question:

Can I install HF4 over my working SL + HF3 installation? Or can i just stick with HF3? Changelog sounds more like a 'legal' update :)

Yes. Hotfixes are updates. No need to do a vanilla install. It's optional to stick with HF3 but when 10.6.3 rolls out, it might be a good idea to have HF4 installed.

Yes. Hotfixes are updates. No need to do a vanilla install. It's optional to stick with HF3 but when 10.6.3 rolls out, it might be a good idea to have HF4 installed.

Ok cool, thanks m8! Just another quick question: Is there a possibility to turn bluetooth off :) ? The WiFi/Bluetooth button doesn't work and I can't find a setting in the preferences pane...

Ok cool, thanks m8! Just another quick question: Is there a possibility to turn bluetooth off :) ? The WiFi/Bluetooth button doesn't work and I can't find a setting in the preferences pane...

It depends if pin 20 is disabled. If it is, you'll have full control of the 1510 card (assuming you are using it).

If you want to do it through software:

System > Library > CoreServices > Menu Extras > Bluetooth.menu

Double click that and Bluetooth options will show up in your menu bar. From there you should be able to disable it.

anyone know if the broadcom BCM94321HMG works OOB with a vanilla install.

No. The stock card will not work in Snow Leopard. The Dell 1510 card works fully with a hacked BIOS.