Macbook RAM and Hard drive Recommendations

3 posts in this topic

I am planing on buying a macbook this summer and need to save some pennies. I just looked on the apple website and they think they can charge $450 for 2 gigs of RAM. I am looking for 1 512 stick of ram that will work with the RAM that is currently in the macbook. I am also looking for a cheap 120 GB HDD that has good performance.

I am planing on buying a macbook this summer and need to save some pennies. I just looked on the apple website and they think they can charge $450 for 2 gigs of RAM. I am looking for 1 512 stick of ram that will work with the RAM that is currently in the macbook. I am also looking for a cheap 120 GB HDD that has good performance.

if you buy a macbook w/ 512mb of ram, you need to buy 2 modules because the memory is configured dual channel so the layout will be 2 x 256 meaning that you need to buy 2 x 512 mb modules or 2 x 1gb modules. i also dont think that getting a 120gb hd would be worth it, id just stick with a 100gb drive which is much cheaper than the 120 gb variant.

check www.newegg.com out (if you live in the US or are visiting)