Most compatible hardware.... for Snow Leopard

mr.morton

2 posts in this topic

Hi,

I currently have a Asus P5W DH Deluxe with a Q6600 and 6 GB Ram. I installed OSX (Kalyway) and it is running great!

But I to alot of Photo editing and would like some more speed. So I am thinking about upgrading my hackintosh.

To a I7 or I5 processor and DDR3 ram. I have no problem with buying the components separate. But I am not very good at OSX terminal, therefor I want to avoid too much trouble regarding installation and getting the computer up and running.

So what motherboard ( processor / ram) should I buy, for optimal performance and as little patching as possible.

Kind regards

Morten

• 2 weeks later...
Hi,

I currently have a Asus P5W DH Deluxe with a Q6600 and 6 GB Ram. I installed OSX (Kalyway) and it is running great!

But I to alot of Photo editing and would like some more speed. So I am thinking about upgrading my hackintosh.

To a I7 or I5 processor and DDR3 ram. I have no problem with buying the components separate. But I am not very good at OSX terminal, therefor I want to avoid too much trouble regarding installation and getting the computer up and running.

So what motherboard ( processor / ram) should I buy, for optimal performance and as little patching as possible.

Kind regards

Morten

Hi, too bad to see no one bothered to reply here. Anyway, the way things look, frankly you shouldn't be dabbling with hacks. I believe it is for people with lots of time in hand and who face dire crunch of funds. Moreover it is actually a myth that Apple machines are costly. They are not. Take for instance the new Imac 27 inch with core i5 or i7 cpus. 27 inch LED backlit ips panel, 178 degrees viewing angle, something a person with your needs should give weightage to. That's more than half the cost of the machine. Try to put together a hack with the remainder of the specs and peripherals and you're cheaper off buying a Mac. Not to mention the man hours to put in trying to make it work, at the end of which it still is never 100 percent. Besides the workmanship is better and the back of the computer does not resemble chinese noodles. Moreover every time you sit at work and look at that marvellous piece of hardware your heart fills with joy. Thing of beauty.... I really wish I had the dough to get one. I spent too much on my hack and ips monitor. I do imaging work too. Hope I did not confuse you. I still have tremendous respect for Insanelymac.