Can't mount NTFS drive. Does not appear on desktop.

5 posts in this topic

First off, I previously had a setup running XP to see how my new eGreat m34a could work. I'd transfer my new movies to my samsung 1 TB (NTFS), then shut down and disconnect drive. Reconnect to my hd tank eGreat m34a and watch 1080p

.mkv movies with DTS on my system down stairs. Well, I hated running XP and reworked back to os x. I've read about using a tool to add read/write abilities to leopard and planned on accessing the drive in os x. So now, I run OSX as the sole operating system and wish not to install XP. Ok. --So, I connect the Movie Drive (check my signature) which is formatted in NTFS to my E-Sata dock and bootup OS X. It says failed to read drive format. It doesn't mount in diskutility but shows up. Mount is not accessable and also the drive doesn't show up on desktop. So I googled (mount NTFS OSX) and found Macfuse and Tuxera. Reading their instructions, it says that the drive should mount and show up before it can allow reading/writing. Now I'm stuck and ask for any advice? :thumbsup_anim::D:P Please help

First off, I previously had a setup running XP to see how my new eGreat m34a could work. I'd transfer my new movies to my samsung 1 TB (NTFS), then shut down and disconnect drive. Reconnect to my hd tank eGreat m34a and watch 1080p

.mkv movies with DTS on my system down stairs. Well, I hated running XP and reworked back to os x. I've read about using a tool to add read/write abilities to leopard and planned on accessing the drive in os x. So now, I run OSX as the sole operating system and wish not to install XP. Ok. --So, I connect the Movie Drive (check my signature) which is formatted in NTFS to my E-Sata dock and bootup OS X. It says failed to read drive format. It doesn't mount in diskutility but shows up. Mount is not accessable and also the drive doesn't show up on desktop. So I googled (mount NTFS OSX) and found Macfuse and Tuxera. Reading their instructions, it says that the drive should mount and show up before it can allow reading/writing. Now I'm stuck and ask for any advice? :(:D:P Please help

no advice? really!

• 7 months later...

I have the same problem

I installed 10.6.3 in P6T SE , Core i7 running in 64 bit. Everything is fine and I can see the NTFS windows partition.

Then I migrated my old 10.6.3 in a Dell 9150 machine using the migration assistant. Re-boot... Then NTFS partitions or NTFS external drive cannot be mounted.. I use Disk Utility and the NTFS drives are shown on the left bar but grey out so cannot be access or mounted.. I did a check disk and they are all ok.

I installed and uninstalled NTFS-3g or Paragon still the same... No drives appear in those perference pane.

Any help

Edit: I found if I boot 32 bit, the NTFS drive appears. If I boot 64 bit , the NTFS drive disappear