Fireman23

System profiler shows wrong video card

4 posts in this topic

Hackintosh cant recognize my video card?

When check the system profiler the graphic card says: ATI Radeon HD 4890.

This is not my card, thats a Evga nvidia GTX 285 (which is supported by mac right?).. what did i do wrong and how can i fix this? everything else works fine (no problems whatsoever)

Advertisement
Hackintosh cant recognize my video card?

When check the system profiler the graphic card says: ATI Radeon HD 4890.

This is not my card, thats a Evga nvidia GTX 285 (which is supported by mac right?).. what did i do wrong and how can i fix this? everything else works fine (no problems whatsoever)

I am having this exact same problem ! Except that I've got a GTX 260. I used gfxutil to add EFI strings to my boot.plists. So now the profiler shows the right vendor, ROM, and VRAM - but still insists it is an ATI 4890 chipset. I've got no graphic acceleration, and when I try to install Logic it complains that I have 0 MB of VRAM, instead of the 1792MB in the profiler! Where did this ATI nonsense come from? I never installed such a card. I tried removing every ATI driver I could find. I hate this because according to everything I have read out there, my setup *should* work. IORegistryExplorer shows a generic ATY,Motmot framebuffer. Arg!

Everything else on here is running fine. Ethernet, sound, USB, Firewire. It's a Dell XPS 9000, installed with Hazard's 10.6.2. For general use this setup isn't bad, but I do need my proapps on here - which was basically the point.

Please help!

Hi,

ive got this same problem here with an gtx285 card. Tried efi-string in com.apple.boot.plist, NVinject, NVEnabler, removing ATI-kexts. But System Profiler always shows HD4890. Did you two got the problem solved in the meantime?